Englander 25PDV issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Phinsfan13

Oct 29, 2015
VA
Sorry for the late post but I need help my stove has started making a noise to what I can describe as nails on a board squealing I removed the augers to clean them as per tech I talked to earlier noise sent away but it came back half way through a bag of pellets, the noise has got so loud my neighbors can hear it coming from my house what is causing this and how do I fix it before winter its my only source of heat for me and my family. Thanks.

Sorry for the late post but I need help my stove has started making a noise to what I can describe as nails on a board squealing I removed the augers to clean them as per tech I talked to earlier noise sent away but it came back half way through a bag of pellets, the noise has got so loud my neighbors can hear it coming from my house what is causing this and how do I fix it before winter its my only source of heat for me and my family. Thanks.
In addition to cleaning the augers, did you check for and remove any carbon deposits around the end of the feed tube where it feeds into the burn pot? That'd be my first guess as to where to check.

Eric

In addition to cleaning the augers, did you check for and remove any carbon deposits around the end of the feed tube where it feeds into the burn pot? That'd be my first guess as to where to check.
Eric
Yes fully scrubbed to almost new looking even the tube

Lift the auger motors up off the brackets that hold them and see if the noise stops. The metal to metal contact of mine made a horrible high pitch sound off and on and drove me insane until I accidentally found the source.I made pads of fiberglass insulation and foil tape and slid them under the motors . Problem solved I've mentioned this on another post but never saw if it helped them , give it a shot

Are you sure the augers are aligned? Did you just put them back in and bolt them down or did you try to adjust them. Sometimes you have to adjust them up and down side to side to get them to stop squeaking. There's a little slop left in the bolt holes for the reason of aligning / adjusting.

Reactions: Wessty
Are you sure the augers are aligned? Did you just put them back in and bolt them down or did you try to adjust them. Sometimes you have to adjust them up and down side to side to get them to stop squeaking. There's a little slop left in the bolt holes for the reason of aligning / adjusting.
Yes took awhile but I made sure it was aligned no grabbing or dragging in tube when i freely turn the augers

I'm sorry...newbie here. Can't figure out how to post my question. So if anybody could tell me, that'd be great! Thank you kindly.
Main page of the pellet forum has a button at the top right to start a new thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.