englander 25pdv issues any one else?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rjl

Dec 21, 2014
I recently have had major problems with excess pellets in firebox? I have cleaned it,taken blower off cleaned it,new gasket etc. Today i got itburning good and keep getting e3 code for blower after it burns for an hour or so, i am at my wits end

If the stove is clean as a whistle, then it could also be a weak exhhaust blower. How old is the stove?

Last edited:
Shut your stove down let it cool, unplug the stove wait a min plug it back it and press the up and down arrows for the blower speed for a sec, a letter should come up in the heat range window if it's not d change it to that using the arrows.. Maybe some how it defaulted to a and now it's feeding way too much fuel.. Also it the exhaust pipe nice and clean? If that is dirty or blocked it could run bad as well..

Shut your stove down let it cool, unplug the stove wait a min plug it back it and press the up and down arrows for the blower speed for a sec, a letter should come up in the heat range window if it's not d change it to that using the arrows.. Maybe some how it defaulted to a and now it's feeding way too much fuel.. Also it the exhaust pipe nice and clean? If that is dirty or blocked it could run bad as well..
Thanks i will check it,just cleaned the pipe and stove today
Thanks
Rodney

No problem.. Let me know. We're gonna figure this out..
Thanks for the help this is an awesome site with people that know about stoves,it stinks the manuals tell you nothing it took me 2 years to figure out the botttom buttons!lol

Same here I've only owned my stove for 3 months but with this site I know this thing inside and out.. If it does anything out of the ordinary I already know what is wrong.. Haven't had any real issues yet.. I did have my combustion blower making some noise that I didn't like and had englander send me a new one under warranty.. But ya I have learned so much cause of this site

it is a 2008

Hello

Your exhaust blower may be tired and is a little weak.

Englander has a very sofisticated air table burned into the EPROM to deliver the correct Air to Fuel mixture for each heat level. It is a very good control panel.

However, The exhaust blower is the average 1.0 amp closed frame blower that can be whiny and noisy. I recommend the quieter open frame higher current exhaust blower. The higher current blower is the the same 3,000 RPMs but is more consistant in speed at lower heat levels due to the greater current capability with more plates on the electro magnet!

Therefore, I would recommend the "Englander Low Drafter Kit". Just search for that in Google.

Good luck

All my friends Know the Pellet Stove Low DraftEr
The Low DraftEr burns a flame on low heat a little Higher!

The Low DraftEr runs his rpms a little LowEr!
The Low DraftEr has an open frame higher current exhaust BlowEr!!

The Low DraftEr knows every pellet stove part YEA !!
The Low DraftEr really wants the heat YEA !!

The Low DraftEr don't use oil or LP gas!
The Low DraftEr don't burn pellets too fast!

Come on Over, Come On Over and SeeE !! Just get close and warm yourself with ME ! !

Last edited:
Hello

Your exhaust blower may be tired and is a little weak.

Englander has a very sofisticated air table burned into the EPROM to deliver the correct Air to Fuel mixture for each heat level. It is a very good control panel.

However, The exhaust blower is the average 1.0 amp closed frame blower that can be whiny and noisy. I recommend the quieter open frame higher current exhaust blower. The higher current blower is the the same 3,000 RPMs but is more consistant in speed at lower heat levels due to the greater current capability with more plates on the electro magnet!

Therefore, I would recommend the "Englander Low Drafter Kit". Just search for that in Google.

Good luck

All my friends Know the Pellet Stove Low DraftEr
The Low DraftEr burns a flame on low heat a little Higher!

The Low DraftEr runs his rpms a little LowEr!
The Low DraftEr has a higher current exhaust BlowEr!!

The Low DraftEr knows every pellet stove part YEA !!
The Low DraftEr really wants the heat YEA !!

The Low DraftEr don't use oil or LP gas!
The Low DraftEr don't burn pellets too fast!

Come on Over, Come On Over and SeeE !! Just get close and warm yourself with ME ! !
You sound a little like a salesman don! Lol

Well I now have 2 combustion blowers and I own a machine shop so I will be replacing the bearings on the old one and will have a back up.. I have seen people covert to the open style motors and had good luck, but are thoes style motors a bronze bushing slyle?

Well I now have 2 combustion blowers and I own a machine shop so I will be replacing the bearings on the old one and will have a back up.. I have seen people covert to the open style motors and had good luck, but are thoes style motors a bronze bushing slyle?
I dont know!wish i was more help.

Status
Not open for further replies.