1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Englander 25PDV owners I need help with ash pot!

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by JohnRXL, Jan 17, 2013.

1. imacman

imacman Guest

You are correct....probably heard that from me. Those words came right from Mike H. at Englander. Too fast means heat exchanger doesn't have enough time to extract heat from air as it moves through the stove....it just goes up the exhaust.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. JohnRXL

JohnRXL New Member

Loc:
    Ontario,Canada
  3. JohnRXL

JohnRXL New Member

Loc:
    Ontario,Canada
    So if that is the case what would be considered to high or how would you even know. I'm at 6 out of 9 on that LBA setting now.
  4. imacman

imacman Guest

That's as high as I would go. Mike from Englander told me not to go above 6 on my stove for that reason. Plus, there isn't a huge difference in blower speed after you hit about 7 anyway.

As for the McFeeters, here's a web site you should bookmark for future reference....pellet reviews:

http://www.woodpelletreviews.com/reviews/wood-pellets/mcfeeters-wood-pellets.html

Also, at the top of the main page on this forum is a section called "pellet forum sticky links". Thjere is a sticky there on pellet reviews. Also, using the "search" feature at the top will give you more info.

BTW, as for any pellets listed online at TSC or any other "Big Box" store.....just because it's online doesn't mean that's whats at your local store.....best to call them and ask.