Englander 25PDV problems

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mjo2000

Nov 19, 2007
Southern MA
We just purchased a used Englander 25PDV and have some questions:

First, the unit seems to be quite loud. I would except there to be some noise, especially from the blower, but the noise is the same level regardless of the blower speed.

Secondly, it doesnt seem to heat up the house very much. We have a small, open floor plan house and running on max heat doesnt seem to put out the heat it should. I would think it would even be uncomfortably warm to be right next to it at this operation level, but it is not.

Third, the air coming from the blower only seems to be luke-warm. I would also expect this be to very warm when putting your hand directly in front of it.

Any help would be appreciated since i am a newcomer to the pellet stove world.

Thanks,
Matt

I would suggest that you PM our member Mike (username - stoveguy2esw) to see if he can help you out w/ some advice and getting you documentation on the stove. Mike is one of the honchos at Englander, and I've seen him go the extra mile for many of our users.

I'm not a pellethead, and I've only seen the Englanders in stores, but I suspect that what part of your problem may be is that the stove needs a really good cleaning - seems like that is a major part of most pellet stove problems. In your case I'd pay particular attention to the areas around the heat exchangers.

Gooserider

Status
Not open for further replies.