Englander 25PDV Vent Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubicon 327

Jan 6, 2010
Cromwell, Connecticut
This question has probably been beat to death but I can't find the answer I am looking for. I am looking to vent the stove into a masonry chimney using a flex liner. The owners manual says "If 3” flue pipe exceeds 15’ in length, increase to 4” flue pipe for remaining flue connections.

Does anyone do this?

My run will be out the back of the stove to a clean out T and up about 20 feet to the top of the chimney.

Do I really need to go up 15 feet with 3" pipe and then the rest with 4" pipe? I believe I read that most everyone goes right up with 4" correct?

Any help is appreciated as I hate to bother tech support for what I believe is an easy answer for those who have "been there done that"!

Also, any recommendations on what flex liner is best would also be appreciated as well!!

Thanks Again!!
Dave

you can even start at 4 in right off the stove.. it would be fine.. and home depot has a stainless steel flex liner on line.. the price is decent.. just get it to the length you need

Status
Not open for further replies.