englander 25pdvc help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gripper93

Oct 1, 2009
central ohio
I have a Englander 25 pdvc. It is not burning hot as for the pellets seem to be coming into the burn pot slow. The auger tube is clear and the auger is tight to the gear motor. I am wondering if it is just the motor is weak or the control board is sending wrong currents to the motor. As I look inside the hold box I watch the auger turn on different settings. It looks like on 1,2 it only moves about an inch and on higher settings maybe 2 in. It is hard to judge just how far it moves so I am asking for someone elses opinion on just how much it should move. I am talking about the top auger as the bottom seems to be running fine. Thanks for your help.

gripper93 said:
I have a Englander 25 pdvc. It is not burning hot as for the pellets seem to be coming into the burn pot slow. The auger tube is clear and the auger is tight to the gear motor. I am wondering if it is just the motor is weak or the control board is sending wrong currents to the motor. As I look inside the hold box I watch the auger turn on different settings. It looks like on 1,2 it only moves about an inch and on higher settings maybe 2 in. It is hard to judge just how far it moves so I am asking for someone elses opinion on just how much it should move. I am talking about the top auger as the bottom seems to be running fine. Thanks for your help.
On 1 and 2 the auger turns for just a couple seconds every 10 sec or so 1-2" rotation sounds close.
Want more heat? Turn up the heat setting range or increase the LFF, 1st button on bottom left. (if your PDVC is 2004 or newer)

Update. I bought a new motor installed it and now the stove is running good. I also bought a new leaf blower and did the vac clean. I clean my stove all the time very thoroughly so I don't think it was a dirty prob but I thought the vac idea was a good one so I made one. The only prob I had was I had to purchase a vac for 50.00 since it is not the season sucks to be me I guess. Thanks for your help

gripper93 said:
Update. I bought a new motor installed it and now the stove is running good. I also bought a new leaf blower and did the vac clean. I clean my stove all the time very thoroughly so I don't think it was a dirty prob but I thought the vac idea was a good one so I made one. The only prob I had was I had to purchase a vac for 50.00 since it is not the season sucks to be me I guess. Thanks for your help

Glad to hear that the new motor fixed the problem.

Just curious....what year was your stove built, and what are your bottom button settings?

Status
Not open for further replies.