Englander 25pdvc questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

smoke show

So the used stove I picked up is installed and working.

View pics here: https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/78883/

After a little searching here it looks like on the older models the 3 bottom buttons only affect heat range 1&2 right?

I pm'd Mike at Englander and he said a 2001 model should be 4-1-1.

I checked it and the previous owner has it at 2-9-1.

I didn't change it yet because my vent configuration is very simailar to his.

Is 4-1-1 right? Whats everyone else running on their pre 2004 pdvc's?

smoke show said:
After a little searching here it looks like on the older models the 3 bottom buttons only affect heat range 1&2 right?

I pm'd Mike at Englander and he said a 2001 model should be 4-1-1.

I checked it and the previous owner has it at 2-9-1.....

2-9-1 is WAY off! Remember, the previous owner may have upped the LBA because the stove was dirty and not flowing enough air on the lower settings. If Mike H. said the settings are 4-1-1, then that's what you should set it at to start with. Mike knows his stuff!

And yes, the buttons only affect heat settings 1 & 2 on the older stoves. Once you get to 3 or above, they have no affect.

BTW, as per any stove, those settings are good, all purpose starting points, and normally will work well for most installs. They CAN be tweaked, but if you thought the burn wasn't right, just call Mike back, describe the problem, and he'll set you straight.

thanks Mac.

I tried it on burn setting 2 and it went out.

i'll change it back to 4-1-1 and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.