Englander 25pdvc running on generator

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mike56

Aug 13, 2010
broad brook,ct
After reading all the information that is listed on this forum i decided to call englander and find out about running my stove on a regular generator and this is what they said, my stove would have no problem running on a generator (no chance of the electronics burning up) as long as it is plugged into a surge protector and the generator is not running high then low your genny has to be running nice and smooth and you can't plug in more stuff then the generator can handle. just thought i would share this info for us englander owners

biggest thing is that you have an alternative power source such as a genny or an inverter or battery backup which supplies power in "pure sine wave" some older or cheaper setups supply in "modified sine wave" digital equipment such as our circuit board or computers, plasma tv's and the like will not operate smooth;ly on the modified wave. those type devices will run analog devices like toasters or refrigerators and the like

Status
Not open for further replies.