Englander 25pdvc

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash

Burning Hunk
Jan 19, 2013
Northern Minnesota
So I bought an englander 25pdvc (summers heat) from lowes about a month ago, installed it and it's been working great. I called tech support once to see if I could slow it down a little bit on the heat output and pellet usage and made a quick adjustment and that helped. We are going to use it to provide some extra heat for the far end of our house and master bedroom that the quadrafire wood stove does not quite keep warm enough.

I've burnt through about 20 bags of pellets, cleaned burn pot and vacuumed out ashes everyday. My question is this...it seems to be getting a fair amount of carbon buildup in the auger tube and I have a hard time getting in there to clean it. Just wondering if it continues like this will it affect the performance of my stove? Don't really want to have to pull the auger assembly apart every month to clean it.

Thanks, Ash

you should be able to remove the carbon without having to pull the uager , what ive always used is an old flat tipped screwdriver, going through the front door, turn the tip vertical like a plow and work to carve a groove in the tube (tube is cast iron you aint gonna hurt it) the groove will be in the carbon, it should flake up pretty easily. i ususally do this about once a week when i do my cleaning

you should be able to remove the carbon without having to pull the uager , what ive always used is an old flat tipped screwdriver, going through the front door, turn the tip vertical like a plow and work to carve a groove in the tube (tube is cast iron you aint gonna hurt it) the groove will be in the carbon, it should flake up pretty easily. i ususally do this about once a week when i do my cleaning

Thanks. I'll give that a shot again. Might have to put a little more elbow grease into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.