ENGLANDER 25PDVC

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

annabelle

Oct 25, 2008
new york
RECENTLY PURCHASED THIS STOVE, AND HAVE RUN IT A DOZEN TIMES SO FAR. RECENTLY STARTED MAKING SCREECHING SOUND WHILE RUNNING. SOUNDS LIKE IT IS COMING FROM THE AUGER AREA. RUNNING IT ON DRY CREEK PELLETS. I BUILT AN ENCLOSED LEAN TO OFF AN EXISTING SHED. HAS WALLS, BUT DOESN'T HAVE A FLOOR, IT IS PRETTY WELL ENCLOSED.
DOES ANYONE KNOW WHY I WOULD BE GETTING THIS SOUND NOW. ALSO IT STARTED TO RUN A LITTLE MORE SOOTY WHEN THIS STARTED HAPPENING ON A LOWER SETTING. I VACUUM IT EVERY USE, SO NOTHING IS PLUGGED. I DON'T KNOW IF I NEED TO CLEAN OUT INSIDE BY THE BOTTOM AUGER?
THIS IS MY FIRST EXPERIENCE WITH A PELLET STOVE. BOUGHT IT TO SURVIVE WITH THE WINTER HEATING THIS YEAR!
ANYONE'S HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED.

The first thing I would do is take a flat tipped screw driver and scrape any carbon build up out of the end of the bottom auger tube. It builds up and can cause binding and noise from the lower auger.

Status
Not open for further replies.