englander 25pvd troubles

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Between giving it a good cleaning, getting new glass with the right seal, and moving the impingement plate to the center the problem is solved. As a noob I didn't realize you needed to clean up above and behind that plate. So I think that was one of my main problems really. I am noticing a funny smell though. I don't know if it's the sealer I used in place of the gasket on the combustion fan or the new glass seal kind of heating up for the 1st time and putting off a weird smell.

Between giving it a good cleaning, getting new glass with the right seal, and moving the impingement plate to the center the problem is solved. As a noob I didn't realize you needed to clean up above and behind that plate. So I think that was one of my main problems really. I am noticing a funny smell though. I don't know if it's the sealer I used in place of the gasket on the combustion fan or the new glass seal kind of heating up for the 1st time and putting off a weird smell.

Could be a combo of both. No biggy. Glad its working now! Just keep up with the daily burn pot scraping and weekly cleanings.

Reactions: jeremygrimm
Dig up to the embers and flip the ash to the side. As long as you leave enough to light back up, youll be good.

Use a dollar general metal soup spoon works good for a buck. Jeremy urr fire box is like mine we don't have those big holes up top onsides ours are under the plate on both sides size of a quarter. Some suggest wedging steel wool in to plug them them more air comes thru the pellets. Ur not alone with being a noobe on mistakes when I got mine for 1st month I left that plate inside tipped toward glass blackened heck outta my glass lol

Status
Not open for further replies.