Englander 30 At Farm & Fleet

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Todd

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Nov 19, 2005
NW Wisconsin
Just in case anyone is interested, today I saw all the Englander stoves and furnace at Farm & Fleet. The 30 was going for $999.99. I never saw them there before, must be a new customer for Englander? The 13 was a couple hundred cheaper than the 30.

Missed a good deal there. Could have gotten them for 10% off with the card.

Okay, I don't work for Lowe's, but I can't help but keep posting this (deciding if I should pull the trigger myself on a second stove):
You can buy a Lowe's 10% discount coupon online for a few bucks, getting Englander (aka Summers Heat) prices pretty Lowe (apologies, that was uncalled for). The 30NC is $999 -10% = $899, the 13NC is $729 -10% = $656. Then the 30% tax credit. I've been looking at used Jotuls, but such a deal!

Last year when I got mine at Lowes they were $799 I had just missed the 10% off and it wasn't until 2009 that you get the 30% tax credit

Todd said:
Just in case anyone is interested, today I saw all the Englander stoves and furnace at Farm & Fleet. The 30 was going for $999.99. I never saw them there before, must be a new customer for Englander? The 13 was a couple hundred cheaper than the 30.

there are several "fleet/farm" type chains that carry us most of them are "regional" chains with 5 to 20 stores, or have in past years along with a few chains who have just recently taken our units. generally speaking they are good customers to us and are small enough that vereyone seems to know the guy behind the counter.

i bought my englander nc13 this last spring on scratch and dent closeout at lowes in hermitage pa. for a smoking 299$
just a little dent in back outer flashing from rough handling and i pulled it out with a crow bar like new in 2 minutes

stoveguy2esw said:
Todd said:

there are several "fleet/farm" type chains that carry us most of them are "regional" chains with 5 to 20 stores, or have in past years along with a few chains who have just recently taken our units. generally speaking they are good customers to us and are small enough that vereyone seems to know the guy behind the counter.

This store was selling the USStove line for the last few years, so I was surprised and happy to see the Englander brand there. I'm sure I'll sell a few stove for ya Mike.

branchburner said:
Okay, I don't work for Lowe's, but I can't help but keep posting this (deciding if I should pull the trigger myself on a second stove):
You can buy a Lowe's 10% discount coupon online for a few bucks, getting Englander (aka Summers Heat) prices pretty Lowe (apologies, that was uncalled for). The 30NC is $999 -10% = $899, the 13NC is $729 -10% = $656. Then the 30% tax credit. I've been looking at used Jotuls, but such a deal!

you do NOT need to "buy" a coupon

just go here and they will e-mail you one for free

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=pg&p;=/moving/Coupon_Registration.html&ln=cstln4&drd=drd7

Stevebass4 said:
branchburner said:
You can buy a Lowe's 10% discount coupon online for a few bucks.

you do NOT need to "buy" a coupon

just go here and they will e-mail you one for free

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=pg&p;=/moving/Coupon_Registration.html&ln=cstln4&drd=drd7

I tried that moving-coupon thing a few months ago and they never sent one. Somehow they found out I wasn't actually moving, I guess. I decided it was easier to pay the two bucks than to relocate.

Just saw another thread, a guy got his 30-nc for $836 at Home Depot. Or do I wait for the end-of-season sale?

Go to your local Post office and inside the moving guide will be a 10% off Lowes coupon. Where did the guy get his stove for $836? Was this recently?

freeburn said:
Go to your local Post office and inside the moving guide will be a 10% off Lowes coupon. Where did the guy get his stove for $836? Was this recently?

Post office, okay, thanks!

New thread by bdiaz - Colorado.

branchburner said:
freeburn said:

Post office, okay, thanks!

New thread by bdiaz - Colorado.

I bought it at HD. They pricematched Sutherlands which was 929, then beat it by 10%.

Also you can buy 20% HD coupons on Ebay. They don't work at HD because of the unique bar code. But they work at most Lowes. I had first ordered the Englander with the trim at Lowes but cancelled it when I found the NC-30 w/o trim. Lowes could not get the one without trim for me. I did not think the trim was worth $250 more.

Status
Not open for further replies.