Englander 30 at Home Deephole

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hogwildz

Minister of Fire
I was eying up an Englander 30 today at HD. It was the pedestal mount I think. $899.00 I'm gonna git me one of those.

Look inside it. They are shipping with a set of legs inside it too if it is this year's model so you can have the ped or the legs on it either one. Bitchin stove with the legs on it.

Warm that addition right up.

I'll have to check it out, thanks for the tip my wood burning brethren.

KOOL!! i'd just LOVE to see a btu for btu throwdown with a PE summit.

dont get me wrong , i have a ton of respect for PE, but that 30 will give it all it wants head to head. hey , if the summit outheats the 30 , its worth every penny IMHO, but i think i got a pretty good horse in the race. i'll leave it at that

My father in law bought one for his house a couple years ago as a leftover...I think it was under $500, pedistal only. I just wish he's get it hooked up.

stoveguy2esw said:

dont get me wrong , i have a ton of respect for PE, but that 30 will give it all it wants head to head. hey , if the summit outheats the 30 , its worth every penny IMHO, but i think i got a pretty good horse in the race. i'll leave it at that

I look at it as the best of both worlds ;). I am sure the Summit & 30 will heat my nearly 3,000 sf rather nicely. Guess I better add more wood piles ready for burning.
Depending on how the addition comes along in the new few months, I am hoping to grab one this year. When I do finally get the two running. I will try and do a fair assessment of both and compare. I honestly think they will be fairly close as far as heat output & burn times. If Englander had a large insert, I would have gotten that last year. But the one you have is just too small for my needs (hint hint). Any news on a middle size woodburner? The 12 & 13 are too damn small.

Hogwildz said:
stoveguy2esw said:

I look at it as the best of both worlds ;). I am sure the Summit & 30 will heat my nearly 3,000 sf rather nicely. Guess I better add more wood piles ready for burning.
Depending on how the addition comes along in the new few months, I am hoping to grab one this year. When I do finally get the two running. I will try and do a fair assessment of both and compare. I honestly think they will be fairly close as far as heat output & burn times. If Englander had a large insert, I would have gotten that last year. But the one you have is just too small for my needs (hint hint). Any news on a middle size woodburner? The 12 & 13 are too damn small.

middle size unit?guess i'll have to get corie right on it. he be the designer , i just do the "help" thing

stoveguy2esw said:
Hogwildz said:
stoveguy2esw said:

middle size unit?guess i'll have to get corie right on it. he be the designer , i just do the "help" thing

Hmmm... I seem to remember some old guy standing in the lab last year saying something like "If you had an insert version of the 30 you would sell a million of'em.".

Take the legs and ash pan off, flat-top it and you have a 20" high X 24" wide X 28" deep 3.5 cf insert just waiting for a one to two inch shroud and a surround around it. Put 16" of it in front of the surround and 12" behind it and it would fit a mess of fireplaces.

I will leave Corie to figure out blower mounting and the little stuff like what to do with the flame impingement plate. :cheese:

Ain't it nice having everybody telling ya how to make your product?

BrotherBart said:
stoveguy2esw said:
Hogwildz said:
stoveguy2esw said:

Hmmm... I seem to remember some old guy standing in the lab last year saying something like "If you had an insert version of the 30 you would sell a million of'em.".

Take the legs and ash pan off, flat-top it and you have a 20" high X 24" wide X 28" deep 3.5 cf insert just waiting for a one to two inch shroud and a surround around it. Put 16" of it in front of the surround and 12" behind it and it would fit a mess of fireplaces.

I will leave Corie to figure out blower mounting and the little stuff like what to do with the flame impingement plate. :cheese:

Ain't it nice having everybody telling ya how to make your product?

gotta change the intake as well, cant really flat top it as the top is an air carrier for exhaust , but a similar could be done, would hang out on the hearth a ways though , im sure it is possible , and i for one would love to see it, have to see what corie and bob can come up with. although the next insert is likely going to be a ZC rated one , boss wants one pretty bad

Hogwildz said:
stoveguy2esw said:

saw specs on a lopi that is kinda between our big and small ones on another post. 2+ cf, might be worth looking at.

look at me , im selling for my competition , i'd better have another crown and water my mind is blurring (lol) lopi has good rep. from what i hear though

EDIT: the 30 will still kick its *&%*& though and cheaper

I just bought the Lopi Republice 1750 (the stove that people seem to be speaking of recently) to replace my Englander 13. I paid $1100 which is $200 more than the 30 would have been, but the 30 was just a bit too big for me and my living room. If Englander had made an in-between size, I probably would have gone for it. Deciding between the two was not an easy decision. I'll probably wish I had the 30 when it is -10 in January!

The manufacturers count the secondary combustion air space in the firebox size. Loading parameters for the 30-NC and the PE Summits are to the top of the firebrick so usable loading area in that case is the same size for both stoves. 3.0 cubic feet.

The 30 just gives you a couple of inches more before you start knocking dents in the baffle material if you go past the top of the bricks.

BrotherBart said:
The manufacturers count the secondary combustion air space in the firebox size. Loading parameters for the 30-NC and the PE Summits are to the top of the firebrick so usable loading area in that case is the same size for both stoves. 3.0 cubic feet.

The 30 just gives you a couple of inches more before you start knocking dents in the baffle material if you go past the top of the bricks.

LMAO< dent in the baffle good one bro.
No dents here knock on wood :) I have stuffed enough in to raise the baffle a tiny bit :)

Status
Not open for further replies.