1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Englander 30 Blower maintenance

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by fran35, Dec 28, 2012.

1. fran35

fran35 Member

Loc:
    PA
    Hey guys,
    Quick question:
    I have an Englander 30 with the AC 30 blower and I am noticing come shrill sounds coming from fan. I figured after 1.5 years it may need to be oiled or greased. Anyways, I took off the blower and started taking it apart, only I don't see any obvious lubrication. The whole thing is not that dirty either. Is there something I should be greasing/oiling?

It seems the shrill sound is getting worse and I wonder if it is on its last leg. Kind of a bummer if it fails after less than 2 years of minimal use.

Thanks
    Frank

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. PLAYS WITH FIRE

PLAYS WITH FIRE Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Pittsburgh, Pa.
    Sometimes you may see etched into the assemble "oil" and then the quantity, like 2 drops or something. I seen this on a friends blower for add on furnace, If you don't, I don't know. Could be sealed life time bearings? My parent's 30 I normally just suck the cooling inlet/ outlet for them.
  3. KaptJaq

KaptJaq Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    If I remember right the AC 30 blower has two hamster cages with the motor in the center. Clean all the dust and ash from it and put a drop or two of a light motor oil on the shaft where it enters the motor housing on both sides of the motor housing.

They have used different motor/blade assemblies but they are supposed to be permanently lubricated. They don't last in the dusty environment right near the stove.

KaptJaq