Englander 30 Blower maintenance

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fran35

Jan 10, 2011
PA
Hey guys,
Quick question:
I have an Englander 30 with the AC 30 blower and I am noticing come shrill sounds coming from fan. I figured after 1.5 years it may need to be oiled or greased. Anyways, I took off the blower and started taking it apart, only I don't see any obvious lubrication. The whole thing is not that dirty either. Is there something I should be greasing/oiling?

It seems the shrill sound is getting worse and I wonder if it is on its last leg. Kind of a bummer if it fails after less than 2 years of minimal use.

Thanks
Frank

Sometimes you may see etched into the assemble "oil" and then the quantity, like 2 drops or something. I seen this on a friends blower for add on furnace, If you don't, I don't know. Could be sealed life time bearings? My parent's 30 I normally just suck the cooling inlet/ outlet for them.

If I remember right the AC 30 blower has two hamster cages with the motor in the center. Clean all the dust and ash from it and put a drop or two of a light motor oil on the shaft where it enters the motor housing on both sides of the motor housing.

They have used different motor/blade assemblies but they are supposed to be permanently lubricated. They don't last in the dusty environment right near the stove.

KaptJaq

Status
Not open for further replies.