englander 30 dimensions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

greythorn3

Minister of Fire
Oct 8, 2007
Alaska
wheelordie.com
waiting to pick my englander nch30 up from home depot i ran across 2 different depths listed on the englander website one says its 31" and another said its 24 1/2" well im trying to set up the steel studs for the hearth and these dimensions i would prefer them to be right. anyone got a nc 30 and a tape measure for me to run a quick measurement.

thanks

`

31 is from the outer tip of the ash lip to the back of the heat shield. The top is 24 wide.

pen

thank you sir. so the 31 must be correct.. guess i will make my hearth 60" deep then. :)

is that what yours is? i think the min demensions in the m anual are 39x59

My stove is in the basement on a concrete floor w/ a concrete wall behind it. No hearth here.

pen

i want mine in the living room so i can gaze into its pretty firebox

greythorn3 said:
i want mine in the living room so i can gaze into its pretty firebox

With the firepower you have listed in your signature you could heat a castle, even in alaska

how can the instructions say "Floor protection required:Min. size 39†x 52.5†"

if when i calculate it out as 14" behind stove, 16" in front stove, and a 30" long stove, that seems to = 60" to me!

where are they measuring the front floor protection to on the stove? and what are the dimension of the stove from the front(16" floor protection area) area to the back of the stove then?

that is probably a confusing ? but i hope someone understands my poor use of the english language.

They must come up w/ that value assuming you wont take the hearth pad all the way back to the wall. Notice the picture. For aesthetics, I think most people go larger that is simply the minimum.

30fluedist.jpg

30floorprotection.jpg

30installation.jpg

From the diagram, it looks to me as though they are measuring front clearance from the glass in the door, not from the ash lip. That may be the difference...

ah ha! u guys are right! thanks for setting me right.`

Greythorn...

FWIW, my installation is the one shown in the bottom right in Pen's last post.

When I had my stove cranking, I put my hand on the wall behind it to check for warmth. Behind the stove it was barely warm. Behind the single-wall pipe, it was quite warm. Not alarmingly so, but definitely noticeable. The double-wall stovepipe, if it's part of your plans, should put your mind at ease re safety concerns.

Nancy

And, for the statistically prone on this forum, my single-wall is 17 1/4" from the wall...

Nancy

we will see i would likd double wall but when it comes time to buy see how fat my wallet is at that time

Status
Not open for further replies.