Englander 30- fan choices??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

StihlHead

OK, so after looking around the web, stove stores, posting and reading on this site and deliberating about stoves to replace my old Earth Stove here I am pretty much settled in on an English 30. It seems to be the right size and price from Home De'poor. I can wait until Spring to get a better price.

Now I will need an OAK as I live in a dubba wyde, and I got a source for that on another thread here. I am also looking at the stove Englander fans. They have two available, a smaller one and a larger one. I use a box fan on my Earth Stove here to get the air around the house (fairly open house plan). The fan more than doubles the heat that the stove puts out. The old Earthie has a fan in it as well, but it is loud, old, it rattles and does not seem to be very effective. It looks a lot like the larger Englander fan, actually.

Anyway, for you Englander 30 owners, are either the small or large fans worth it, or should I just stick with the box fan?

Hail Britania...

Status
Not open for further replies.