englander 30 measurement

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rob bennett

Feb 19, 2008
Lynden, Washington
Can someone please measure the distance from the front of the stove to the front of the chimney adapter? Be careful it might be hot!

Thanks I am trying to see if I can fit one half way in half way out of my chimney.

And what is the deal with the side heat shields? According to the manual it is 20 inches clearance without them,19 inches single wall and 20 inches double wall. That really doesn't make sense to me.

Attachments

• 30-ncplg.jpg
    30-ncplg.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 243
I believe the increased clearance with the double wall is due to the fact that the double wall creates more draft, thus higher stove and flue temps. At least that's the way it is with a 13. The clearances regarding side heat shields refer to dist from wall to side of stove. The ones referring to single, double wall refer to dist from wall to stove pipe.

mmmmmm. I guess my point was that the side shields reduce side clearances at best one inch. What would be the benefit?
And anyone have a chance to measure the distance for me?

Front of the flue collar to the front of the stove top is 17 1/4". Front of the flue collar to the front of the ash lip is 21 and small change.

Status
Not open for further replies.