Englander 30 NC...in action....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GAMMA RAY

Minister of Fire
Jan 16, 2011
PA.
Yep, we got the 30 going, it was an effortless startup...Mr Gamma sat back and let me do the "honor".....
She puts out some serious heat...I do not think we will be disappointed...
Now where is my shirt dammit???? :lol:
I was not sure if this should be in the picture forum....
enjoy the pics...wish they were better though...

Attachments

• hearthstock 043.jpg
    hearthstock 043.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 581
  • hearthstock 044.jpg
    hearthstock 044.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 575
  • hearthstock 050.jpg
    hearthstock 050.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 579
  • hearthstock 052.jpg
    hearthstock 052.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 602
  • hearthstock 054.jpg
    hearthstock 054.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 577
  • hearthstock 059.jpg
    hearthstock 059.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 603
Go Gamma GO :p !!!

GAMMA RAY said:
Yep, we got the 30 going, it was an effortless startup...Mr Gamma sat back and let me do the "honor".....

Looks great Gamma, is that a reflection I see. :snake:

zap

GAMMA RAY said:

I KNOW you not going to be disappointed

This happens at our house all the time.

Nice pics of the stove by the way.,

Awesome, enjoy the new stove!

The pics are great. Looks like you have a new flame!

The last pic looks like a B&W shot of a Seahorse wearing a Tiara and a little Speedo. Dunno. Maybe I need to freshen up my George Dickel a little. :roll:

fossil said:
The last pic looks like a B&W shot of a Seahorse wearing a Tiara and a little Speedo. Dunno. Maybe I need to freshen up my George Dickel a little. :roll:

That last picture was a reflection of Gamma dancing in front of the stove, right? :)

+1 Serious heat!

Bill

Congrats Gamma.... I see the front 3 rows of secondaries are boosting well. I have had the same dilemma. the front 3 work like champs. The very back row, not so much. Depends on how I load the wood. Sometimes the back burns the best and the front 3 not so much, but most of the time its the front 3 and the 4th is non-existent or barely there.

Your gonna love it. Its a Beast.. BTW, those pics are awesome. No need for better Pics, when you have such a great stove... LOL

Looking forward to your comments and experience's with the 30.

Since BB is busy at the moment, I don't think he'd mind if I do you the honor.....

index.php

Pics look like it's running like a champ. Is that straight wood? Or are envi-blocks in there? Looks like just wood.

Well done!

pen

Thanks everyone!
The pics may have been better if adult beverages did not apply.... :p
I took a cool vid on my Droid though..pen will help me post it here.... :) Good secondary action on it...
To answer pen's question....I started her up like this:
2 envi blocks n/s in a v with half of a super cedar in the middle, (I know I only need a quarter of one but wanted to make sure she got going good)I then put some smaller splits on top about 3 or 4 (n/s). For not putting a lot of wood in, she really put out the heat, it was amazing.
I am not sure how much wood Mr Gamma put in after I went to bed....he goes to bed a lot later than I do. I am curious to ask him when he gets up later.
At 6 am when I got up, the stove top is about 300, it is in the coaling stage, but good strong coals putting out still good heat.
Last night after things got going good, I put the box fan on the floor (on low) pushing into the stove room, and I turned on the ceiling fans in the rest of the house on low, clockwise. The blower is not installed yet. There will be time for that...we have some 60 degree daytime temps coming so I think we will just have some night fires for now.
Right now the stove room is 78, the part of the house furthest from the stove is 70....pretty sweet....all is good...
Can't wait to see how this mother works when it is really cold out and I fill her right up.... :ahhh:
Oh, about the stink, we had a fan pulling out as you can see in the one pic, and another window opened for a bit. The smell was not that bad. I closed off the rest of the house for about an hour. You can see the top of the stove smoking slightly when it is curing and then it stopped fairly quick and the smell went away quick...easy peasy...
Oh, about the IR thermometer, Mr Gamma shot that thing everywhere in the room...I think I better get some new batteries. The stack and stove top thermometer temps matched the IR gun very very closely...

Looks like your 30 puts on a great show, who needs TV when you have that to watch.

GAMMA RAY said:

Great pics Gamma congrats on your new NC30!

Ray

I like the pics! It can be hard to capture how beautiful the secondaries are in these stoves.

You will love the 30!

-SF

It must be hot. I think I see the face of satan in that third pic.

As I've suspected all along. The 30 is a heat monster.
Gamma's pics prove it (well, so do all other 30 owners pics :cheese: ), and strengthen my resolve to get one.
Rick, that last pic doesn't look anything like a seahorse wearing a tiara. I was thinking more of Cruella DeVille. Maybe Vampira. "Tis the season, after all. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.