Englander 30 NCH is being delivered tomorrow..

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fran35

Jan 10, 2011
PA
Install isn't until next Friday. However, should I move the beast outside and fire her up to minimize the paint smoke inside the house for the first few fires?

Also, what are the pros and cons of legs vs. pedestal

Con: Pedestals on a wood stove are ugly.

Pro: Legs aren't. :lol:

Yeah, cook'er off outside. Stick a few sections of pipe in it and leave the door cracked because draft won't be too great.

Attachments

• 30 outside burn.jpg
    30 outside burn.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 187
  • 30 break in.jpg
    30 break in.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 205
BB, how long should it be outside, a few short fires in one day or longer than that?

Depending on the ease of install, it might be best to send the family out to dinner and heat the stove up in the house with doors and windows open (unless of course it is -10 which i doubt it will be)

I have and love an englander myself. If you give her good wood she'll do all you want (I mean at least 1 year seasoned wood, and that previous statement just doesn't sound like it comes out right despite its importance)

pen

Status
Not open for further replies.