Englander 30-NCH now on sale $649

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
It lets you put your store in? When I put my local store in, the price goes up to $899. Mine only gives the option of pick up in store. Maybe I am missing something?

Ship to store free Bristol, CT? Seems to work fine for me...

upload_2015-10-23_11-29-56.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, mine is not working like that. I put in Glen Allen, VA and it comes up as $899 in the stores near there. So strange. I may just need to call.

Hmm, mine is not working like that. I put in Glen Allen, VA and it comes up as $899 in the stores near there. So strange. I may just need to call.
Wonder if the website is displaying prices based on your IP address or something? lol

Lol, sooo weird! This what it shows me. No option for ship to store.
that seems extremely.... unfair to customers. Local in store prices can fluctuate, but Internet prices should be the same across the board. Realistically, you could drive to NJ, buy the stove online while hooked up to Starbucks WiFi or something, then drive back to CT and pick it up and save $250. How stupid is that?

I agree. Even the shipping options are different! My only option is in store pickup when it is in stock. I don't get it!

that seems extremely.... unfair to customers. Local in store prices can fluctuate, but Internet prices should be the same across the board. Realistically, you could drive to NJ, buy the stove online while hooked up to Starbucks WiFi or something, then drive back to CT and pick it up and save $250. How stupid is that?
Ahhh, that is a different model stove. Not the 30-NCH.

Reactions: Z33
Haha. They look IDENTICAL online. I didn't even see it until I was fighting with HD via chat and she told me it was a different model, haha.

Just received 2 of these from HD. 1.50/lb, including tax and delivered to my garage! ($1450). Shipped from the factory, not the local store.

Its been a long time... finally ready to replace my VC everburner, its internal seals need replaced, it burps smoke, and I really don't want to fix or deal with it anymore (long overdue). Anyway, I think I want one of these Englanders, is there any way to get a discount like in this thread? Not sure I want to wait until late winter but maybe. Is there a better stove these days for under $1000? Current price seems to be $899 Also I'm curious to know, how long do the baffles last, and what does it cost to replace them?

Its been a long time... finally ready to replace my VC everburner, its internal seals need replaced, it burps smoke, and I really don't want to fix or deal with it anymore (long overdue). Anyway, I think I want one of these Englanders, is there any way to get a discount like in this thread? Not sure I want to wait until late winter but maybe. Is there a better stove these days for under $1000? Current price seems to be $899 Also I'm curious to know, how long do the baffles last, and what does it cost to replace them?
Welcome back TG! I'm amazed you have been so patient with that stove. There are lots of 30NC owners out there. The baffles last about as well as they are treated. If you don't bang them when loading wood or when cleaning the stove or flue they can last for years. You might do ok with the Englander Madison so that should be considered as well. Some Drolets may also appeal to you.

Maybe start a new thread on the topic bringing folks up to speed on the space you are heating and info on how well the Dutchwest did when it was behaving itself.