Englander 30 nch

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heatmiser5

Apr 16, 2011
Chaumont ny
I took advantage of the HD deal of the year. $649 She sits now in the garage. Wife has no idea. Sick of her complaining of always being cold. Gonna roast her out this fall. Had a friend move it with his forks on his tractor. He thinks it is built better than his quadra fire. I am going to light it off in the driveway (as seen on tv).

Sounds good. I couldn't be happier with mine. Just make sure you have your fuel source stacked and seasoning NOW. That big boy likes to eat wood that is WELL done if we were talking a steak. Rare or medium in "doneness" and it will snub you. Some species like oak will take 2 years to season appropriately.

pen

Thats an awsome price! If I didnt already have one I would be all over that. I got mine installed Jan and love it. Finally have a warm house. The other stoves just werent doing it.
What kind of install and where? Do you have your wood ready for this winter?

Heatmiser5 said:
I took advantage of the HD deal of the year. $649 She sits now in the garage. Wife has no idea. Sick of her complaining of always being cold. Gonna roast her out this fall. Had a friend move it with his forks on his tractor. He thinks it is built better than his quadra fire. I am going to light it off in the driveway (as seen on tv).
You can move it with a hand truck ,the appliance kind. I even rolled mine up onto the 16" platform i made to elevate it.

Thats way too much stove for the money. Englander is killin my wood stove sales until the big box stores on online whorehouses run out of stock. Dont know if its built better than a quad, but you can buy 4 Englanders for the price of a quad, so what the hell. Excellent deal on a good stove.

It hurts when someone comes into our showroom with an add asking if we have a 2.5 cubic foot firebox stove for $699. What can I say? Can't say "well, thats made in China" cause it aint. Cant say "well who's gonna service it" Up here in the north its workin man country. A man doesnt live up here without knowin how to use tools. Aside from that, Englander has great phone support. Real tough right now with the wood stove sales in my neck of the woods.

I have a 28x20 great room that it is going in. Ceiling height is 11' at the walls and pitches to 13" at the center. There are two ajoining bedrooms off that room. As well as the main part of the houise is four feet above that room so I hope the heat flowes in that direction as well. I will be sure to get some pictures of the progress. Right now I have about three cord a year old already on hand and a budddy has probably 30 on hand that he will sell me for $50 a cord.

Heatmiser5 said:

This could work out well for you when you get it hot enough the clothes will start coming off hahaha ;-)

If you plan on heating fulltime I'm betting you'll go through 4.5 to 5 cords for the winter.

Sounds like a perfect spot for that stove.

pen

Franks said:
Thats way too much stove for the money. Englander is killin my wood stove sales until the big box stores on online whorehouses run out of stock. Dont know if its built better than a quad, but you can buy 4 Englanders for the price of a quad, so what the hell. Excellent deal on a good stove.

It hurts when someone comes into our showroom with an add asking if we have a 2.5 cubic foot firebox stove for $699. What can I say? Can't say "well, thats made in China" cause it aint. Cant say "well who's gonna service it" Up here in the north its workin man country. A man doesnt live up here without knowin how to use tools. Aside from that, Englander has great phone support. Real tough right now with the wood stove sales in my neck of the woods.

The 30 is 3 CU ft if im not mistaken and yes its a steal but its not the best lookin stove out there nor will it serve as an insert. It not for everyone. Its slow in warmer months anyway i would imagine.

certified106 said:
Heatmiser5 said:

This could work out well for you when you get it hot enough the clothes will start coming off hahaha ;-)

My wife walks around naked half the time as long as theres no company. Its workin for me. I guess its pretty warm here.

[/quote]

The 30 is 3 CU ft if im not mistaken and yes its a steal but its not the best lookin stove out there nor will it serve as an insert. It not for everyone. Its slow in warmer months anyway i would imagine.[/quote]

3.5 cu. ft. to be exact......... she's a big mammer jammer

mxjamie540 said:
trump said:
The 30 is 3 CU ft if im not mistaken and yes its a steal but its not the best lookin stove out there nor will it serve as an insert. It not for everyone. Its slow in warmer months anyway i would imagine.

The 30 doesn't work well installed in a fireplace?

pen

Works well in a fireplace and IS the best looking stove out there. :coolsmirk:

darn well better work in a fireplace. It's much prettier knowing that it didn't cost me an arm and a leg, but if it looked like a Fireview yet was the same size and price, then I don't think I'd complain.

trump said:
its not the best lookin stove out there

It's not the worst looking stove out there either- I think that title belongs to BK! :lol: :p

Mt Ski Bum said:
trump said:
its not the best lookin stove out there

It's not the worst looking stove out there either- I think that title belongs to BK! :lol: :p
Ill second that observation.

BrotherBart said:
Works well in a fireplace and IS the best looking stove out there. :coolsmirk:

What impresses me the most is the ease of use with this stove. A very good choice for beginners as far as the reburn goes.
Its almost fool proof.
Even a cave man can get reburn with this stove.

Love the company and their customer service. Will definitely be replacing on of my Regencys this fall with a 30. Can't wait

pen said:
mxjamie540 said:
trump said:

pen
I'm curious,what makes you say that Pen?

Hiram Maxim said:
pen said:
mxjamie540 said:
trump said:

pen

Note the question mark at the end of his sentence.

BrotherBart said:
Hiram Maxim said:
pen said:
mxjamie540 said:
trump said:

pen

Note the question mark at the end of his sentence.

BB I saw that......
That's why I asked him what makes him say that?
;-)

He is asking why somebody would say the 30 won't work in a fireplace. You and me be knowing they work just fine there. Well, only if you paint'em brown. :cheese:

BrotherBart said:
He is asking why somebody would say the 30 won't work in a fireplace. You and me be knowing they work just fine thewre. Well, only if you paint'em brown. :cheese:
true they do have to be brown!! Lol

What i was trying to say was the 30 is not an insert ,not that you could not make it function in place of one. If i were looking to keep the charm of a regular fireplace but make it efficient i would get a regular EPA insert, not adapt a free standing stove to it. But of course it is possible to do and done quite often.

Status
Not open for further replies.