Englander 30 or Country Hearth 2500

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
A good choice, I think. Better clearances & just ember/spark protection
Other than price the spark/ember protection was a big contributing factor being that I don't have to build up a section of the floor where I want to install it. The clearances are better but I'm going to be installing it with the no heat sheild clearances. I might be removing the side shields depending on how much heat they block. I will be able to put it right on the slate tile that is going in front of the sliding door. My plan is to have it close to where I will be storing the wood outside and have enough area to store about 15-20 larger splits and replenish as I go through so I'm not constantly opening the door to get more wood. My plan is to also have about half a face cord stored in the basement so it is a little dryer than sitting on the stack.

Decided to go englander but as a summers heat stove. Went with the SSW02 a little different version of the 30 with the smart damper control.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I went to the Englander website to check out the SSW02 but couldn't find it. Is it a new model?

No, Englander has not listed this stove or the SSW01 on their site for some reason. Kind of odd.

I went to the Englander website to check out the SSW02 but couldn't find it. Is it a new model?
I believe it is newer not sure how long it has been out. If you follow my link below you will see the stove at the bottom. The link is for parts, if you search for "Summers Heat SSW02" a PDF of the manual will come up (2nd link below). For some reason they don't list it on their site under their stoves but either way I could beat the price for a quality stove. I'm not about looks more about functionality when it came to stoves. This isn't supposed to be a focal point in my house just something to keep it warm instead of the fuel oil pig in the basement.

Link for parts:
http://store.heatredefined.com/

Manual:
http://www.heatredefined.com/assets/images/general/15-SSW02.pdf