englander 30 prices

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

blel

Feeling the Heat
Jun 6, 2008
Southeast CT
Has anybody heard of any deals on a 30 lately?
Thanks

use search for past threads on this topic - what we did as a collective 30 lovin group here was to search Home Depots website using different zip codes for a store that had a deal - then everyone would buy from said store and shipping was free.

Two issues with that plan as I see it today. One: I am not sure shipping is free anymore but "May" be to your local HD. Prior it was shipped to your door and if you were lucky enough to have two big dudes in the truck and offered a $50.00 you could get it lugged into the house.

Two: Those deals started as inventory clearance to make room on the floor for lawn mowers and patio furniture. I mowed my lawn in February 2(or maybe 3yrs ago) and that type of weather kind of slowed stove sales a bit. This winter, for obvious reasons, will have made stove manufacturers and retailers really happy and I would be surprised if there were surplus anywhere.

Never hurts to look and please post any success so others here can take advantage but the upside is an NC30 at full retail in the 11-1300 range is still one of the best bang for the buck stoves available, it is simple in use and design but really looks nice and we have a Englander employee here on Heath to answer all QnA that you have.

Good luck with you endeavor.

Holy smokes! $1,100-1,300 is full retail???? They are selling at $899 (online price) at a Home Depot over the border in Nashua, NH. I bought mine at the beginning of March in 2011. It was on clearance at $699 at my local HD. I bought it on a tax-free day and had a 10% coupon and a $50 gift card. $579 out the door!!!! Can't beat that!

Reactions: KindredSpiritzz
899 was retail for me last year too but then you must pay 99$ shipping, and you must pay sales tax the stove becomes an 1100$ item.

That stove at our local HD id 899.00 now, if they have it stock. If they don't have one in stock at your store, I believe they will ship one in from another HD and shipping if free to you ( to your local store), you just have haul it from your store.

Our local HD does not even carry anything that burns wood anymore!

Our local HD does not even carry anything that burns wood anymore!

What do you expect! It's February! But if you'd like grass seed, flower pots, a picnic bench, or a swingset you should be all set.

Reactions: ailanthus
I was looking in December and went to HD to see what they had. The people in the local store said they have not had any wood burning appliances for about 2 years.

I think HD learned their lesson. I would be willing to bet that those fire sale prices a few years ago were because they had made a quantity commitment at the first of the season and needed to fill it. Now less stoves in store inventory and lower commitments mean those deals are history.

Only way to explain why the fire sale priced stoves were shipped directly from ESW.

If you call HD. Ask if they can match free ship to local store others have like Lowes or Menards.

What I found was they were usually willing to drop the price of the stove by around $50. The shipping was $99 for most places.

I was looking in December and went to HD to see what they had. The people in the local store said they have not had any wood burning appliances for about 2 years.

Yep. Nothing around here. Ship to store not even available.

I think a lot of business' changed their inventory/ordering practices since the slow down in the economy. Smaller orders , more frequent .

I ordered a ten dollar filter for my ash vac and HD had it dropped shipped from the distributor in Oklahoma.

Yep. Nothing around here. Ship to store not even available.

What did englander say when you told them you couldn't order the stove? Surely, there is a way to order an englander even without HD.

I'm worried since I'm sure HD sells very few, if any, wood stoves down here in the south and that's what I want this summer when I order mine.

Or drive up to Nashua and get one for $899. 10% off coupons for Home Depot can sometimes be found in the "Moving Packet" from the post office. I visited half a dozen post offices before I found one with an HD coupon in it.

I think HD stopped the moving coupon unless you rent a Penske truck back in 2012. Lowe's still has them but it has been reported that the HD computer system rejects them now.

If you happen to want to drive to Nashua. And pay sales tax.

No sales tax in NH. Its right over the border so if the OP was so inclined he could drive about 1.5 or so hours each way for it.

What ever floats his boat.

Better hurry. Nashua only has one left.

What did englander say when you told them you couldn't order the stove? Surely, there is a way to order an englander even without HD.

I'm worried since I'm sure HD sells very few, if any, wood stoves down here in the south and that's what I want this summer when I order mine.

They aren't hard to find, just not at Home Depot around SE Michigan. If the store doesn't sell them, free ship-to-store isn't an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.