Englander 30 question??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

alfrehner

Dec 13, 2008
Northern Missouri
I am the proud new owner of an Englander 30. I am looking at getting the side heat shields that fit on this stove, and I was wondering if any of you 30 owners out there have them on your stove? I was curious if they go the full length of the stove or just part way? I couldn't tell by the pic on the website, and I couldn't get through on the service line. Thanks

Congrats!!!
I believe that Brother Bart has them on his Englander 30?

alfrehner said:
I am the proud new owner of an Englander 30. I am looking at getting the side heat shields that fit on this stove, and I was wondering if any of you 30 owners out there have them on your stove? I was curious if they go the full length of the stove or just part way? I couldn't tell by the pic on the website, and I couldn't get through on the service line. Thanks

I am pretty sure that in the manual the heat shields actually increase the distance needed from combustibles by one inch. Weird huh? I have seen one set up and they ran from the top to the bottom. Is that what you were asking?

The heat shields cover the back half of the sides of the firebox. From the front of the top step top to the back of the stove.

Attachments

• shields 1.jpg
    shields 1.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 220
  • shields 2.jpg
    shields 2.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 225
  • shields 3.jpg
    shields 3.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 228
If it doesn't cover the whole side does that mean your distances to combustibles is different where it the shield stops? Or is there that much heat difference between the back of the stove and the front? Doesn't make much sense to me. Thanks for the pics.

I've got my 30 in a corner install. The clearances weren't hard to meat without without the heat shields.

I don't believe the heat shields change your hearth pad size requirements.

-SF

Status
Not open for further replies.