englander 30 review!! watch this!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
curber said:

Yeah, that was posted here last year and we gave that guy a lot of crap. I'm pretty sure that was the thread that the owner of the video created an account here just to respond. If you see the comments on the YouTube page you will see several posters here commenting on what he is doing wrong.

Primarily it was really wet wood that was the issue. If you notice, he has wood laying on top of the stove to dry it out (side note; never do that).

I don't hear a blower?? Just made me wonder as I'm thinking about buying one of these.

curber said:
I don't hear a blower?? Just made me wonder as I'm thinking about buying one of these.

With an Enlgander, a blower is nice, and helps move heat, but isn't a necessary item like it would be on an insert. A blower would not have helped his situation. Less water soaked wood would have been the only solution for him.

curber said:
http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200393570_200393570

What do you think about this stove? epa exempt? It's got the btu. Wonder if it would have re-burn?

If you recall, I previously mentioned to ignore BTU ratings as the can be fudged to make a stove look impressive. That stove appears to be a lot smaller than the HT2000 and the Englander 30NC. It only weighs 267lbs which is another indication that it is a small stove.

curber said:
Yeah I didn't see that. Thanks Pat

Don't consider any stove that doesn't meet EPA requirements. Its a good sign that the stove is junk.

was just a Northern this Morning Drolet HT2000 $999.00, that is a real sweet price.

blades said:
was just a Northern this Morning Drolet HT2000 $999.00, that is a real sweet price.

You where where? I really like the drolet I think that's going to be what I get when the cash is available. Pat

curber said:
blades said:

You where where? I really like the drolet I think that's going to be what I get when the cash is available. Pat
Probably Northern Tool

Yeah I see the 100 off thing now. the shipping is going to be high tho 500 to be exact. Pat

Danno77 said:
rottiman said:
Danno77 said:
rottiman said:
curber said:

Always remember, Opinions are like A _ _ Holes, everybody has one.........................
Yes, but unlike everyone else's, mine doesn't stink.

I'm not gonna ask which one of the two your talking about......................
Both.

Thanks for clearing that up...............

old news folks, closing thread. Curber already has a replacement quest thread open.

Status
Not open for further replies.