Englander 30 sale in Ontario

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rottiman

Minister of Fire
Sep 23, 2009
Ontario Canada
Just found out that the Timber Ridge version of the Englander 30 is on sale @ canadian Tire here in Ontario for $899. this week. My local store is sitting on 6 right now.
Don't think they will be getting any cheaper up here.

We're still sitting at $1049 in the West. I've been trying to check online weekly for a sale since I've got several months before the stove is needed. I thought I remembered seeing them at 25% off a long time ago, but never since.

From everything I've read it seems to be a great stove and I know I plan to pick one up as soon as any type of sale comes up over here.

I still think that the $1,035 I paid five years ago was a hell of a deal. I had $2,500 budgeted for a new stove when I found the thing and was a day away from paying it for a Hearthstone Clydesdale insert but really, really wanted a freestanding stove in the fireplace.

And as I always say I don't work for'em, I don't get a commish from'em, and in fact I get pretty much ignored by'em but it is one hell of a wood heater.

From everything I've read over and over, I'm anxiously looking forward to getting one installed this summer and keeping my summer shorts ready for the winter.

Yeah, my little R-3 has given yeomen service perched in the fireplace but I can't wait to see what the 30 is going to do.....................Still going to keep my other R-3 @ the opposite end of the house in the family room. The 30 is going to reside in the living room where we spend virtually no time, so it can hum along all it wants. House is about 1700 sq ft single floor ranch style.

Buying a stove at a tire store is just wrong! :)

ozzy73 said:
The cheapest I have seen them is $799 for a display model. That is a great price, my local canadian tire probably wont put them on sale till fall.
Where is local CT ?

Pembroke

fredarm said:
Buying a stove at a tire store is just wrong! :)

Might be, but if the price is right I'll buy it from a candy store if I have to. somehow I'll get over the trauma of it................................................

Us stove shops should find the cheapest tire brand out there. A tire brand that doesnt not sell tires thru tire shops. We should not educate our employees on the tires. We should also not give any customer service on the tires. Just pass out an 800#. I wont do this of course, because there is no tire shops selling wood stoves in my neck of the woods. I should look into real cheapo tractors and apply the same plan.

Anyhoo, hell of a price for a good stove.

ozzy73 said:
Ohh boy......I think everybody is getting the wrong idea about Canadian Tire. :)

Canadian tire is similar to Targets, Walmart etc..... not quite like Home Depot or Lowes.

Yup, 800 of them up here. Basically a big hardware chain store.

Dude you got an Elmira and a Heritage? You should post your pictures. Both made in Kitchener & no longer in biz or available.

899 at HD online - use 10% off coupon to save 89.90 and pay a total of $809.10 with free shipping

treehackers said:
899 at HD online - use 10% off coupon to save 89.90 and pay a total of $809.10 with free shipping

That only works in the US, not here in Canada.

project240 said:
treehackers said:

That only works in the US, not here in Canada.

Buy it with your Canadian Tire Dollars. :cheese:

FyreBug said:
ozzy73 said:
Ohh boy......I think everybody is getting the wrong idea about Canadian Tire. :)

Canadian tire is similar to Targets, Walmart etc..... not quite like Home Depot or Lowes.

Yup, 800 of them up here. Basically a big hardware chain store.

Dude you got an Elmira and a Heritage? You should post your pictures. Both made in Kitchener & no longer in biz or available.

Speaking of tires.....isn't Uniroyal Tires in Kitchener?

Status
Not open for further replies.