Englander $300 price increase

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rayttt

Feeling the Heat
Jan 11, 2008
poconos pa
2 days ago I checked home depot on line for the englander 25-pdvc (the smallest stove) and it was $1349 and I just went back online today to check again to get the number for a different store and the online price is now $1649.

thats what about a 22% increase??

Depending on the time of year, folks have paid from $699 (maybe less) to $1799 (and maybe more) for that exact stove. Probably they just got this years stock in and corrected the price. Use google shopping and nextag, etc. if you are searching around for pricing and ready to buy mail-order.

Actually, what I ended up doing is I found a US Stove 5500Xl (which is a HUGH Utility type Pellet heater,probably unsitely for living room) , and got it for 1199 plus 115 shipping.
This will be my second stove. I presently have a harman p38 and love it, however my house is small with a non-open floor plan, so I have to heat my living room up to about 85 to get my bedroom to near 70. Getting a second stove and heating my bedroom I figure would be more cost effective, as then I can keep both stoves on lower settings and not chewing up so many pellets heating the living room to 85.

I was glancing thru the manual for the new one and saw a note that says not to use in bedrooms. if its using outside air..should this be an issue??

If it says no bedrooms, it means it. I think there is a BTU limit....but this is probably direct from the label and testing, so unless you get an OK from US Stove by fax AND OK from the local building official, you should not do it. I think most pellet stoves cannot be installed in sleeping areas.....

If I go to Lowes website for my local store, it claims no stoves just SummerHeat multi-fuel vent pipe available Aug 4.
I was there Saturday.
They had a pellet stove for 1199.00 a duravent chimney and three bags of pellets.
On Sunday they had the same pellet stove for 1299.00, the same chimney and the three bags of pellets were gone.

I've never had a lot of luck with accuracy of neither Lowes nor Home Depot's web sites.
The Home Depot right down the street from me is disgusting so I go to the one in Somerset.

If you want to drive to CT, you can have my lightly used 25-pdvc for $600. :)

Or to Northern Virgina and pick up my 2 bags burned in it to test it 25-PDVC with pallet and box included. But not for any six hundred bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.