Englander 30NCH - When do they go on clearance?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tekguy

Feeling the Heat
Nov 12, 2009
west mass
So this stove is on my short list (along with the summers heat version at lowes)

When do these usually go on clearance?

its down to this or one of the drolets, at full price I think I would grab the Drolet especially over the summers heat version (lowes charges more)

I like to find a Englander 30nc for $400.00

400 is a bit low, the lowest I have seen them is at $589 in my area.

So this stove is on my short list (along with the summers heat version at lowes)

When do these usually go on clearance?

its down to this or one of the drolets, at full price I think I would grab the Drolet especially over the summers heat version
Summer heat and Englander is the same thing. Currently, the 30 is going for $899 at Home Depot with shipping. The lowest I am seeing the Drolet list for is $1,199.99 + $89 for shipping.

the HT2000 you can get for $1299 delivered east of the Mississippi, NorthernTool has the myriad (which is closer to the 30NCH) for $749 plus delivery

I got lucky on the smaller 13 by walking into a lowes at the right moment, unfortunately i dont see any 30's in stock at local stores

my house is drafty so bigger the better, it seems the 30 is always 899 at home depot??

NorthernTool has the myriad (which is closer to the 30NCH) for $749 plus delivery
This is incorrect. The HT2000 is 3.4 cu ft and the 30 is 3.5 cu ft. The Myraid is 3.1 cu ft. The HT2000 is the stove that is closest to the 30.

This is incorrect. The HT2000 is 3.4 cu ft and the 30 is 3.5 cu ft. The Myraid is 3.1 cu ft. The HT2000 is the stove that is closest to the 30.
i was thinking the myriad was slightly bigger, and option wise closer to the 30..

what has better controls, the ht2000 or the 30? the 2000 has a c-cast baffle

they can all load n-s, correct?

Can't find a nc 30 for 100 mi.+ from me, little on clearance . My Lowes wants almost $1400 (SPECIAL ORDER) I'd go $800 today .Home depot $899+$99 ship

Can't find a nc 30 for 100 mi.+ from me, little on clearance . My Lowes wants almost $1400 (SPECIAL ORDER) I'd go $800 today .Home depot $899+$99 ship

Jack, where abouts are you loacted? How far from Ashland HD?

I was there not to long ago and they had a few 13's and 30... pretty cheap (just over $400 for a 13 and $675 for the 30)

May want to call and see if they still have it. The guy I spoke to, said it was from last year, so it was old stock?

Worth a shot.
2012-12-03_12-27-58_103.jpg 2012-12-03_12-28-14_88.jpg

Jack, where abouts are you loacted? How far from Ashland HD?

I was there not to long ago and they had a few 13's and 30... pretty cheap (just over $400 for a 13 and $675 for the 30)

May want to call and see if they still have it. The guy I spoke to, said it was from last year, so it was old stock?

Worth a shot.
View attachment 94510 View attachment 94511

Hey thanks was hoping for a tip

141 mi 2 hr 45min one way

so $80 fuel & 7 hrs

?????? thinking ice storm predicted tomorrow

good price I may call them

Reactions: DexterDay
I think anything under $600 would be an absolute steal for an 30-NC.

See what you can work them down to. It is a great stove. A really hard value to beat.

-SF

Hey thanks was hoping for a tip

141 mi 2 hr 45min one way

so $80 fuel & 7 hrs

?????? thinking ice storm predicted tomorrow

good price I may call them

With that far of a drive? Absolutely. You better call.

With the predicted weather? Its likely to be a 12 hr tour?

i would think they would let you buy it over phone and pick up whe n weather is better

i would think they would let you buy it over phone and pick up whe n weather is better

That's what credit cards are for & yes, sir you read my mind

still a long way , I don't drive that far in a month

Reactions: chvymn99
Go to that particular store online and see what the listed price is. Purchased online the shipping is free. Get it delivered to your door and save the trip. When it arrives negotiate with the delivery crew - they are hired guns and not HD employees so willing to do a little work for cash. I offered $50.00 and the two fellas that delivered mine brought it into my house and placed it where I wanted. Best $50.00 I have spent in a long time.

We already tried that when the poster made the original thread on that discounted NC30, the sale price does not show up online for that store.

This statement above is correct.

Thats not for stoves at the store. That Zip Code Dealio, has stoves shipped straight from Englander. Not stoves on the floor. No HD would stick the hundreds needed for that Zip code deal.

Go to that particular store online and see what the listed price is. Purchased online the shipping is free. Get it delivered to your door and save the trip. When it arrives negotiate with the delivery crew - they are hired guns and not HD employees so willing to do a little work for cash. I offered $50.00 and the two fellas that delivered mine brought it into my house and placed it where I wanted. Best $50.00 I have spent in a long time.

Not trying to be rude but if it dont come fed x or ups I have to take a day off work to get a truck delivery , sent to my work also not a option. I live 1/4 off road on a winding path interlaced with trees so big trucks don't come back here

I prefer to do it myself on my time table .I work 6/2 & can work everyday

thanks for the option tho

Also wife don't like it not pretty enough (where the smiley bangin'his head)

the top one isnt that big, 2.5cf firebox, I have been stopping in weekly at the local TSC and they never have the one up from that in stock and the second is similar to what i got

sucks too cause all the stoves at the local TSC are on clearance cheap

and i dont see any 30'sin stock at the local lowes or home depots either

The 30 is a Sexy Plate Steep Stove ;) Beauty is in the eye of the beholder (I guess)..

Sorry. Tried to help. Maybe someone else will see it and be able to get a good deal?

Good luck in your search

Status
Not open for further replies.