englander 49-trcpm/49-shcpm dirty burn issue...frustrated!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I installed the new room blower and I think that was it. Has been burning for 24 hours. Don't know why that would make it burn funny but so far so good. Hopefully the rep was right!

Really? Why is that? Is it something to do with it pulling too much current if the bearings are going bad? That's the only reason I can come up with. Somebody help me out here. This might explain a few things, as I was having similar issues to the OP. I've cleaned the snot out of the stove, replaced the door gasket, etc and it's running 95% normal, but it's not quite right yet. My room air blower is making more noise than it should, and oiling it doesn't help....hmmm

Mine was noisier than I realized also. It is much quieter with the new blower. This am the glass is a little black but the pot is not full and its been on 36+ hours since the last cleaning. It might be coincidence, but I don't care as long as it's working.

False alarm. Ran it on heat setting 4 over night and woke up to a full burn pot. Same as before. Worked fine on the lower settings. All I haven't changed are the air pump, igniter, vaccum switch, and circuit board. This is getting old.

Wow what a headache. I always had the Englander multi picked out for my next stove, if my current stove ever really died died , like burnt through the heat exchanger or something. Now I am not so sure anymore. I no you said you replaced all kinds of stuff. But I forgot if you replaced the combustion blower too. If not I would test that and make sure its work in 100%. Sounds like it may be konkin out after a little while. If not its probably the stupid control board. That's all that's left. Hang in their, you'll figure it out. I have to slam 6 beers and take a pain killer before I work on my stove or I will snap:)

False alarm. Ran it on heat setting 4 over night and woke up to a full burn pot. Same as before. Worked fine on the lower settings. All I haven't changed are the air pump, igniter, vaccum switch, and circuit board. This is getting old.

Sorry to hear that.

My stove has been running better since I've been giving it repeated "plates off" cleanings. I think I had more crud back there than I realized. There was a decent amount of chunky stuff that let loose after banging on the back wall of the stove with a 3 lb dead blow hammer for about 5 straight minutes. I just wonder if that was the problem, just enough ash hanging up to slow down airflow. If you had asked me three weeks ago, I would have insisted that the stove was clean.

Did you try running something flexible along the bottom area behind the back wall of the stove?

Yup. I've replaced the combustion blower. That was the first thing I did, my old one was making funny noises every now and then so I figured it needed it anyway. I'm starting to think control board and beer. :)

I did run a piece of wire back there and then a chunk of hose attached to my vac. I beat on it pretty good. I even had the air compressor inside inside blowing up the door holes and down the top holes the other way.

New development. I bought a leaf blower/vac at lowes and sucked some ash out. I never thought it would work so well! Now the stove is running better, still not 100%, but better. Must be there was some deposits in there I couldn't get to. I'm gonna try the dirtier Pellets tonight and see how that goes.

New development. I bought a leaf blower/vac at lowes and sucked some ash out. I never thought it would work so well! Now the stove is running better, still not 100%, but better. Must be there was some deposits in there I couldn't get to. I'm gonna try the dirtier Pellets tonight and see how that goes.
Yep, it always surprises people how well and how much the leaf blower gets. It's all the stuff that you can't see and can't reach that accumulates over time.

Status
Not open for further replies.