Englander 55-SHP10L vs 55-SHP10?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mortimer

Nov 5, 2006
Are they identical other than the L model is sold at Lowes? Any thoughts on this stove? I plan to use it for 1200' walk out basement that is anything but "tight".

Hi,

I am far from being an expert on pellet stoves but I have come to find that the 25-PDVC / 55-SHP10 / 55-TRP10 are all the same stove (check their site). The L, I can't answer.

But also I can tell you what I've found with the 55=SHP10 I just purchased at Lowes during their 50% sale. Although I have only had it a short time, this thing kicks some heat!

Our house is what is considered a Ranch, about 1200 Sq. Ft not counting the basement. I put the stove in the basement which is unfinished, a full basement with an 8' ceiling, anywhere from 16" to 24" out of the ground, un-insulated. The ceiling, main floor joists is insulated with R-13 and only one stairway at one end. The house is about 25 years old, so no, not super tight, but not too shabby. So... with this said trying to give you some kind of idea for an comparison, I've been running the stove constantly and it has kept the whole house between 67 - 69 degrees. Needless to say I am quite happy with that. But one thing it seems to be chewing up pellets pretty fast for the burn rate setting of 1, but I understand from reading here that a call to tech support will take care of that.

So all said and done... Best $584.00 I spent in a long time! :)

So I see no reason it wouldn't work well for you

mortimer said:
Are they identical other than the L model is sold at Lowes? Any thoughts on this stove? I plan to use it for 1200' walk out basement that is anything but "tight".

the"L" is simply a lowes designation, that means it comes with the lowes trim package (nickle) instead of brass , other than that there is no difference

Mortimer - I've got an "L" version of this stove. It's a nice looking unit, and if you like the nickel trim, a deal you cannot beat, even at list price vs. a regular unit w/add-on trim package.

I got in on the "L" deal this last weekend. Those previous posts make me feel better about the choice.
I am aiming to install it this weekend. It will replace the old whitfield cascade with a grumbling blower.
1750 sq foot basement install. I am hoping for some "heat" as mentioned previously.

Peace

Status
Not open for further replies.