Englander 55-shp22l venting question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dscheibs

Dec 21, 2008
eastern NY
First of all i have to say what a great site this is!! I've had several problems that i was able correct just by searching thru this site. Now, i think i have my next problem figured out but need know what you think.. This is a used stove that i installed myself. i do have the OAK installed ans vented through an outside wall.

The problems i'm having is i can't get enough heat out of thiis unit. And i can't keep the burn pot lit. i tried adjusting the LFF and the LBA and did see a little improvement but not enough to keep a continous flame. i did notice in between burns that the top of the stove cooled down . so now i'm thinking all my heat is going out the vent pipe. When installed the vent pipe i never added a T with the vertical pipe because a had more than 3' clearance to the ground. I'm thinking there is too much of a draft causing the pellets to burn up quickly..
Thanks
Doug

have you called my tech support to discuss it with us? number is 800-245-6489, even if its a second hand stove you still get the same tech support, office will be open 8-12 eastern tomorow 12/24/08 i wont be there , im off tomorrow , but i will have techs in the office. or PM me with details of whats happening with the stove along with the MFG date so i know what im working on and i'll try to help from here

Status
Not open for further replies.