Englander air control geometry

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cmonSTART

Minister of Fire
Does anyone know what the shape of the air control is on these Englanders? I'm curious whether there's some mathematical reason my air control seems so much more sensitive the closer it is to being closed.

It is kinda like you running hard. I imagine that you would be breathing threw your mouth. right? now say you have to breath threw your nose still running hard. harder isn't it? now you block off 1 nostril so you are breathing threw only 1 nostril even harder than before. I am sure this last adjustment even tho way smaller area being blocked off is way more noticeable.
I think this akin to getting your stove chugging along then cutting back the air.

Status
Not open for further replies.