englander auger gearbox?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ifixmy2

Sep 13, 2011
Ohio
I am in the process of inspecting,overhauling a used englander and my question is this:
What would be the purpose(advantage or disadvantage) of wire tying the gearboxes to the resting plate?
I would think the way of design, to be able to flex could save the gearbox and/or motor from damage.
I must compliment this forum for the amazing volume of knowledge and I just wish I found it before my 1st. stove
purchase.

They way they are now, they have a very hard time moving. Unless the stove is off and you turn them with your hands.

I guess I may not understand what you are getting at?

Where you located in Ohio? What is your 2nd stove. You can add them into your Signature line.

Status
Not open for further replies.