Englander blower motor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Edwards

Nov 24, 2013
NH
so when my Englander stove gets up to temp the blower runs but it's really low but when I change the speeds on the control panel it doesn't do anything . do u think it's the control panel?

I wouldn't start with the board, but checking out the output power from it to the convection blower. I'm sure others will chime in with more information.

Pull the motor and make sure it's clean,check it for dust bunnies and hair,clean the fins of the cage and see if that helps.a dirty blower can slow the speed down a lot.

For the blower motor you should be able to use it again just be careful when you take the blower out its in a awkward spot and is a bit of a pain to get at.i just cleaned mine back in sept. And it was full of pet hair gave it a good cleaning and a few drops of oil and it made a huge diff.

Pull the motor and make sure it's clean,check it for dust bunnies and hair,clean the fins of the cage and see if that helps.a dirty blower can slow the speed down a lot.
Yea it's almost like it's running on a 1 speed and when I push the up buttons it doesn't do anything. It looks like you may have to remove the circuit board first to get to the other two bolts

Yes take the back off the stove remove the circuit board and get a long ext and a ratchet take the 4 bolts out and the motor will come out.take note of where the two wires hook up to the board. Getting it out is easy putting it back in is a real p.i.a.once you get it all cleaned up and reinstalled do a board reset make sure ur stove is in d mode set ur bottom 3 at 6 4 1 and start it up.you can also put ur stove in diagnostic mode and test the blower see if it's any better.

Yes take the back off the stove remove the circuit board and get a long ext and a ratchet take the 4 bolts out and the motor will come out.take note of where the two wires hook up to the board. Getting it out is easy putting it back in is a real p.i.a.once you get it all cleaned up and reinstalled do a board reset make sure ur stove is in d mode set ur bottom 3 at 6 4 1 and start it up.you can also put ur stove in diagnostic mode and test the blower see if it's any better.
Right now I have it set in mode C because it wasn't burning hot enough l. I know it burns more fuel but it works good. How do u do a board reset?

Status
Not open for further replies.