Englander Control Panel

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Corn Learner

Oct 13, 2008
Michigan Thumb
I am a newbie to this forum. I am amazed at all the information that is available for wood/corn/pellet users. I am hoping that someone can give me the inside information for tweeking my burn on my newly installed 10-CDV Englander Corn/Pellet Stove. My problem is that this required information did not come with the unit nor is it in the owners manual.

Issue - My stove works fine when I use wood pellets with the stove set on the pellet program. It will burn on the lowest heat setting of 1 with out any problems. When I burn corn the stove will go out after the initial start-up phase where the stove is pre-programed to run at level 5. With the stove set at level one after the start up phase the corn feed rate is to low to keep the burn pot going.

Any help would be appreciated

Your best bet would be to give Englands Stove Works a call. They have been extremely helpful to me when I had questions and will gladly help you dial in your stove. Their phone # should be on your owners manual, or you can find it on the englander website.

You could also try just turning up the feed rate a notch when burnng corn.

I have the same stove and this is my first year with it. I called Englander this past monday. They had me change the 'Low Burn Air' setting to 9 and the 'Low Fuel Feed' to 5. You'll have to unplug your stove, plug it in and press the two down arrows at the same time. It may change to 'C' for corn and you'll have to repeat the process to turn it back to 'P' for pellets. Hit the Low Burn Air button and set it to 9 then hit the Low Fuel Feed button and change it to 5.

That's what Englander told me to do and everything is working great. I had to call about 20 times getting a busy signal before it finally rang. I then waited on hold for about 30 minutes. Once a rep picked up they were extremely helpful. I guess the wait was due to the cold weather and overwhelming call volume. Hopefully this post will help and you won't have to spend the day trying to get through like I did.

Sorry...I misread the original post on this forum. For corn, the settings need to be 6 in the low fuel feed and 4 in the low burn air. Does the corn your burning have the correct moisture content? Are you getting an E2 or E3 error message?

Corn moisture is critical to the correct function of the stove. I have noticed that when I fill the hopper with a new bag of corn, I must burn at a feed rate of 2 with burn air set at 1 or 2 for several hours before it will burn at 1-1,1-1-1. I think it allows for the corn to dry just a little bit more and then it burns consistently at the lower setting. Adding a few wood pellets also allows the moister corn to burn consistantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.