Englander EPI25 auger jam

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

barbara4

Jan 10, 2010
NC
I have a new Englander EPI 25. Actually its my second as I bought one on 10/09 and it never worked so they sent me another one to replace it. On the first day that I installed the replacement stove, it only ran for several hours before it jamed up. The last one I had did the same thing. I bought only the pellets they said to get which is the Pennington pellets. I rebuilt the last stove so much I could do it with a blind fold, then just gave up and told them to take it back. I had to pull the 200+ lb stove out and drop the auger motor to clear the last jam only to have it work for 2 hours before failing again. Tech support has had me put in more pellets, less pellets, clean out all the pellets, sift the pellets, replace auger mortor. Does anyone have an idea as to why this would jam so ofter and how to clear the jam without pulling this away from the fireplace and dropping the auger motor.

Status
Not open for further replies.