Englander Home Depot 30-NCH Shipping Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

leeave96

Minister of Fire
Apr 22, 2010
Western VA
I've been reading recent posts of Home Depot having the Englander 30-NCH wood stove on sale (in some stores) for $649. The price, plus free shipping is tempting.

My question is - when HD ships the stove to your home, how do you get it off the truck? Does the truck have a lift gate or some other means to get the stove to the ground or in my case, will my Wife have to unload the stove herself while I am out of town working - far away from the truck and my house.

Thanks!
Bill

The delivery company unloaded the stove and put it in my shed. I was not even home.

Yes they have a lift-gate truck so the can put it down anywhere the truck can go. I had them slide it in to the back of my pickup truck as it was going to another location. THey wil call 2 days before delivery to schedule a drop time and again a half hour before they get there.

With the free delivery they just leave it, no calls, no agreed time.

They will call about 2 days prior to delivery

Just got my tracking # delivery sccheduled for 14th Left, VA factory

Hey Bill,
I have also been interested on these stoves. If I had the money I would have bought one already. I love cat stoves, but I must admit the reburn tubes sound really cool. I think the Englanders aren't bad looking either, huge window, big firebox, no frills, but big view! Plus, for that price how can you lose? Even if you dislike the stove, which I highly doubt would happen, you could sell it for almost as much after trying it for a season.

BBs going to have to get a new inventory of T-Shirts for this sale. I think they sold a few stoves this week

Mine showed up in my garage this afternoon. Looks better without the brass trim. Install to occur tomorrow. Thanks to all who post about their beloved 30-NCs and HD for having them so cheap.

Mine showed up a week before estimated date and they did call to confirm a time.

New NC-30 owners ,How about posting your thoughts on first burns.
So far i think the stove is one of the best bargains out there at this price. And to think paid I $530 for a US KIng Stove Just a few short years ago, NON-EPA basically a steel box with a hole in the top smoke dragon wood eater.
The NC-30 is a very different animal.
It heats up very fast,im seeing re-burn in as little as a half hour from a cold stove. The stove top cruises at 500-600 Deg. through the first few hours then slowly drops as the wood coals out.

That is pretty typical burning for this stove as posted many times. Actually, you just described our stove's burn too.

A thread was just closed today about some guy who could not get the stove top hot on his new 30. Cant figure that out as the top is far and away the hottest part of this stove. My son helped me unload and position the stove,now he wants one. (or 2)

trump said:
New NC-30 owners ,How about posting your thoughts on first burns.
... It heats up very fast,im seeing re-burn in as little as a half hour from a cold stove. The stove top cruises at 500-600 Deg. through the first few hours then slowly drops as the wood coals out.

Well, wet wood is still wet wood. Once the stove got up to temp, it ran great... and to answer my own question from my own post... no smoke out the stack with the non-cat (after the stove is at running temp). Temp was about 350 for about 3 hours then quickly shot up to 700 before I recognized it. The stove didn't really smoke, but smelled of paint. It tapered off until the stove temp was at 700 then the smell got stronger, but there was still no smoke- the windows were wide open through all of this. Today's stove experience... much better. That's a bog fire box. Kindling and newpaper looked so teeny in the box.

My gripe... the door gasket is frayed terribly at the cut ends, and the glass gasket is exposed in front of the glass.

BTW- the silicone holding the BTU/emission paper burned off this morning.

There is more learning to be had, I just recently figured out the ENglander cat stove and now I need to rethink burning with the NC 30.

Cheers ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.