Englander hopper gasket

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrisnow86

Minister of Fire
So. Next year when I replace my lid gasket I'm just wondering what some other people use instead of the fiberglass gasket is there anything else people use.. Sometimes I get the vibration noise from air leaking threw so next year I will replace it for sure.

Not sure if you caught the threads on the hopper gaskets and variance on seal. IIRC some had to add addition gasketting in areas to improve seal. Dollar bill test and take a good look to determine if you need thicker gasketting to get a better seal.

Don't mind pics of the process;)

my hopper extension came with a self stick neoprene gasket which was nice at first, but being compressed all the time, it flatted out and lost its springyness. I've since went back to the self stick flat gasket. It makes an ok seal, not perfect. I havent really found anything that has yet. I might try using gasket adhesive and a 1/2 inch rope gasket one of these days and see how that works. I have adjusted the latches as close as they can be but they dont really grab enough when you push the latches down.

Status
Not open for further replies.