Englander Igniter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vankalkend

Mar 2, 2014
Weare, NH
So Ive had this used englander for just this season. Its been great. Except...the igniter will not glow under the start up conditions. I can make it glow during the diagnostic testing, so I know it actually works. It gets damn hot, and blows hot air. Enough to burn me.

So, am I missing a setting that may have disabled auto-ignite?

Make sure the igniter is close to the hole in the burn pot, but not to close to stop air flow.

Also, there might be a stopper / plug near the igniter, remove it to allow more air through.

Please tell us what model stove you have for more help.

I had the 25-PVDC.

The problem isn't that its not close, or plugged, it won't glow. It will glow and get hot under the diagnostic mode, but it isn't getting hot for the startup, infact its not even working under startup at all--just diagnostic mode.

Awesome! This has to be it, as I just changed to "d" mode, but looked at it upside down. Just around the time it stopped auto-igniting! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.