Englander Leg swap?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Danno77

Minister of Fire
Oct 27, 2008
Hamilton, IL
Can a person put shorter legs on the Englander 30? It's too big for my fireplace opening, but only an inch or so. If i could put the legs from my 12 on it, then that would be great. it would be kinda nice to put the 12 on the taller 30's legs.

Stove sits in an open fireplace that is built on a cement slab, so clearances and such aren't an issue. I just wanna know if they will actually fit on there.

don't know why i didn't think of that. I cross referenced the 6" legs on that page to the 6" legs on the parts page for the 12 and they are the same number. That means that I should be able to swap legs between my two stoves if I end up getting the 30 (still in the begging process with the accountant)
would save myself $110+s/h if I can do a straight swap between the stoves.

I have the six inch legs on my 30 in the fireplace. Go for it.

How high is the lentil in your fireplace?

Danno.... I got the legs with my new Englander and I don't want them ( I know, I know.... the legs are way better than the pedestal..... but not for the wife or I). They are the 9" legs but you can have them to hack down if you think it would work for ya. Ya know, just trying to help out another Illinoisan.

between 30 and 31 inches. does your 30 fit under that? I can get a better measurement if I'm close, but that's what I remember without checking.

Thanks for the offer on the legs, but if I can just swap between my stoves that will make it super easy. Like I said, though, I'm not there yet.

Mine is 31 1/2" and it went in OK. I wouldn't want to try it with one much shorter than that. With the six inch legs it is about 28" to the top of the flue collar.

I have the pedestal on and I just measured...... from where the legs appear to bolt on to the flue collar was about 26". Seems I must be measuring from the wrong spot, as 26 + 6" legs should be about 32".

Danno, the pedestal may work for ya.... I just measured it and was of 30" from the floor to the flue collar.

Good to know it may work on the pedestal if it has to. I'm still a leg guy, so I'm going to do my best to get it in with legs on.

BB, what is the height to the top of your stove? Forget the collar measurement, because I can always get clever with rolling it in there without legs and then installing them after i jack it into place.

Where is the best place to get the 30? store v. online? I got my "summers heat" at lowes, but that was when they actually carried stoves in the store. Nowadays they are by order only and my Lowes is 40 minutes away.

27" to the top of the upper step.

oh yeah, I can totally make that work.

Darnit. the Farm and Home has the Drolet Legend out in the main isle for $799 again. makes me second guess the 30 decision. I know I will like the 30, I THINK I will like the Legend. numbers on the 30 are all better, but it's gonna cost $600 more. gotta think on this one.

mxjamie540 said:
why not do the Home Depot online 30?
how much does it run? what's that other online store? discountstoves.com or something like that... I think i remember it being like 950 with free shipping. The only thing I could never figure out is where it would ship to. They only ship to the closest freight dock or something. i dunno where that is. maybe I should give em a call.

overstockstoves.com

I got my NC30 from homedepot.com, you have to change your "home store" to a store that offers the sale price. I changed to a store that was in PA, I got my to my door for $689.73 and that was all tax, free shipping baby!

Home Depot store site that I used was Bloomsburg, PA..... just checked, they still offer the $649.00 deal

mxjamie540 said:
I got my NC30 from homedepot.com, you have to change your "home store" to a store that offers the sale price. I changed to a store that was in PA, I got my to my door for $689.73 and that was all tax, free shipping baby!

Home Depot store site that I used was Bloomsburg, PA..... just checked, they still offer the $649.00 deal

Thanks...... that is a nice trick!

the standard 9 inch legs for the 30 and the 6 inchers for the 12/13 series stoves are interchangable as they attach the same way.

the 30 WAS tested and approved with the 6 inch legs so its legal to put 6 inchers on iteven though its shipped with the 9 inchers stock

Thanks, Mikey-come-lately! Swapped the legs as soon as I put the stove in. The 12 looks kinda neat with the taller legs, but I haven't got it completely installed yet. Need to get on that, I'm freezing my butt off out in the workshop lately.

stoveguy2esw said:
the standard 9 inch legs for the 30 and the 6 inchers for the 12/13 series stoves are interchangable as they attach the same way.

the 30 WAS tested and approved with the 6 inch legs so its legal to put 6 inchers on iteven though its shipped with the 9 inchers stock

Are the 9" legs and the pedestal the same height for the 30? If not, how tall is the Pedestal?

BrowningBAR said:
stoveguy2esw said:

Are the 9" legs and the pedestal the same height for the 30? If not, how tall is the Pedestal?
by reading the overall dimensions, and from my limited experience (yanked the pedestal off ASAP) the 6" legs and pedestal are VERY close in overall height. so, then, the 9" legs would be a bit taller.

Danno77 said:
BrowningBAR said:
stoveguy2esw said:

by reading the overall dimensions, and from my limited experience (yanked the pedestal off ASAP) the 6" legs and pedestal are VERY close in overall height. so, then, the 9" legs would be a bit taller.

Oh well. Occasionally I still have the hopes of stuffing the kitchen fireplace with a 30NC (25.75" high opening). Just for the giggles. That room has the most air movement of the three fireplaces, so it would probably work. Especially since 80% of the stove would be wedged inside the fireplace.

don't give up hope. Maybe you can take the rear legs off, slide it back, and then jack it up once the top shelf is past the lintel, then reinstall rear legs. it would be worth it...

Danno77 said:
don't give up hope. Maybe you can take the rear legs off, slide it back, and then jack it up once the top shelf is past the lintel, then reinstall rear legs. it would be worth it...

Hmmm...

With the 6" legs, what is the height of the front of the 30?

Status
Not open for further replies.