Englander Madison - combustion air kit?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

muskiediver

Feb 20, 2011
Michigan
I have an England Madison also known as Summers Heat at Lowes. I am wondering if any is familiar with the AC-OAK3 outside kit which is mandatory when installing this wood stove in a mobile or manufactured home?

Here is the kit:
http://www.amfmenergy.com/acouairkit3f.html

Here is my problem:
My stove is in the middle of my double wide mobile home (not near an outside wall). This kit does not look like there is enough pipe to reach this point. Could I just buy my own pipes and save money? If yes, what sort of pipes and accessories would you recommend (home depot or Lowes)? I would have to go about 12 feet to get to an outside wall with a curve in the pipe?

Please see more info below from the manual. Any help or ideas would be kindly recommended.
Englader stove.JPG

not too sure but I seem to remember someone saying something about pulling air from underneath?

Save yourself the money they're charging. Go to Home Depot or Lowe's, and buy 3 inch flexible duct like in that picture. I would just run it down underneath the mobile home..

Status
Not open for further replies.