Englander Madison First Fire

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sailorman3

Sep 15, 2016
Newfoundland
Well 3 fires really. We lit it today to cure the paint. Manual said to burn first fire at 300 degrees. Very hard to do. It ran up to 400 before it started to come down. The next 2 fires were the same way. About 410 was the maximum temp. I did manage to lighten the paint halfway up the stove. But I guess it's cured now. I'm happy with the stove. It takes a bit to light it but it does throw off some major heat. I think we will be happy with it.

Congrats. The paint may need one more fire to bake in. Try to take it to 550F.

The paint has started to bake at 400F, but I have found that I need to get the stove hotter to finish the job. The good news is the final bake-in should be less smelly.

Status
Not open for further replies.