Englander - Make me one of these!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BrowningBAR said:
joecool85 said:
BrowningBAR said:
Pacific Energy is upset and offended that you are ignoring them!

TrueNorth:
Straight-in fuel loading
Accepts 18" logs

I found an issue with this stove: it's not on the EPA-approved list

http://www.epa.gov/Compliance/resources/publications/monitoring/caa/woodstoves/certifiedwood.pdf

Even my Amesti is on there!

Pretty sure that list is incomplete. Because, just a quick glance, according to that the T5, T5 Insert, Woodstock Keystone, and the Woodstock Palladian are not listed.

I also do not see the Defiant 1975 model.

joecool85 said:
BrowningBAR said:
Pretty sure that list is incomplete. Because, just a quick glance, according to that the T5, T5 Insert, Woodstock Keystone, and the Woodstock Palladian are not listed.

Unless those are EPA exempt I suppose. Also, if that's the case, what's the point of even having the list?

They are not EPA exempt.

Slow paperwork through the EPA? It doesn't have the Jotul Rangeley or Harman Oakleaf listed yet either.

Another affordable stove with N/S loading would be the Drolet Eastwood 1900 or Millenia.

joecool85 said:
Apparently those are only EPA certified stoves. This list does not count EPA qualified stoves.

Not sure, based on this text from the defiant brochure:
OMNI Certified: OMNI’s product testing programs are accredited by national and international accreditation bodies, including the American National Standards Institute (ANSI), the Standards Council of Canada (SCC), the International Accreditation Service, Inc. (IAS), and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).

Buddy has a dutchwest federal in his garage. Real pretty stove, older not made anymire as far as i kniw, but im thinking its a cat stove too...anyone thoughts on these?

Status
Not open for further replies.