ENGLANDER MODE SETUP 10cpm

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

THELINMAN3000

Jan 1, 2012
smokey mtns
How is it you determine your stove mode. Also what is the standard numbers for the 3 buttons on the bottom of control panel ? Mine are set at 1.3.1 I know the last number is for the auger. I just would like to know if my used stove is set for corn or pellet mode, and make sure my bottom numbers are right before I test burn it, and before installing it.
Thanks in advance. ;-)

The last of the 3 bottom buttons is AOT and has nothing to do with the auger. It stands for Air On Temp and deals with the temperature at which your convection blower comes on (should NEVER be touched).

The 1st two buttons are Low Burn Fuel (LBF) and Low Burn Air (LBA). These vary by year and Jdempsey, imacman, etc are better left to answer that question.

The mode to go from Corn to Pellets is in the manual. 1 and 5 are the designated #'s for them. Best to read the manual and find out.

If bought used, have you done a full teardown and cleaning of the unit? Some people really abuse stuff and then sell it. Just a pre-caution.......

Welcome to the Forums...

DexterDay said:
If bought used, have you done a full teardown and cleaning of the unit? Some people really abuse stuff and then sell it. Just a pre-caution.......

Agreed....best to do a full tear-it-apart cleaning and then see what you've got. This is what I just did to my 10-cpm last weekend and is what I consider a "full clean":

www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/88480/

BTW, the best bottom button settings I've found are 3-5-1. That's what I'm set at right now during this cold spell, and the house is nice & cozy at heat/blower setting at 6-7

imacman said:
DexterDay said:

Agreed....best to do a full tear-it-apart cleaning and then see what you've got. This is what I just did to my 10-cpm last weekend and is what I consider a "full clean":

www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/88480/

BTW, the best bottom button settings I've found are 3-5-1. That's what I'm set at right now during this cold spell, and the house is nice & cozy at heat/blower setting at 6-7

Gottcha on the bottom numbers 3.5.1, how about the control board's mode. Unplug it and plug it up and hold the up arrows???????????? I saw this a long time ago but I can't remember.
What letters will come up C OR P or something else?
I'm gonna burn green ways, We Tennesseens can't buy Somersets because Tractor supply quit caring them.

THELINMAN3000 said:
.....how about the control board's mode. Unplug it and plug it up and hold the up arrows???????????? I saw this a long time ago but I can't remember. What letters will come up C OR P or something else?........

If you're referring to the "C" or "D" modes mentioned on this forum by people that have PDVC or PDV stoves, I don't know that the 10-cpm has those codes in the control board. And even if they did, I wouldn't mess with it.

My 10-cpm is running with whatever the factory set it at. Just make sure the stove is set for pellets.

If you're not sure about it, and want to re-set the board to the factory default settings, the procedure is:

1. Unplug, and then plug the power cord back in.
2. Within 5 seconds, press ALL 3 bottom buttons at the same time and release. The display should go to "F 5", and then eventually turn off.

At this point, you should check to make sure the stove is in pellet or corn mode, depending on which one you want.

3. Reset bottom 3 buttons to original setting (3-5-1). Let all lights on control board go out, and then restart the stove.

imacman said:
THELINMAN3000 said:
.....how about the control board's mode. Unplug it and plug it up and hold the up arrows???????????? I saw this a long time ago but I can't remember. What letters will come up C OR P or something else?........

If you're referring to the "C" or "D" modes mentioned on this forum by people that have PDVC or PDV stoves, I don't know that the 10-cpm has those codes in the control board. And even if they did, I wouldn't mess with it.

My 10-cpm is running with whatever the factory set it at. Just make sure the stove is set for pellets.

If you're not sure about it, and want to re-set the board to the factory default settings, the procedure is:

1. Unplug, and then plug the power cord back in.
2. Within 5 seconds, press ALL 3 bottom buttons at the same time and release. The display should go to "F 5", and then eventually turn off.

At this point, you should check to make sure the stove is in pellet or corn mode, depending on which one you want.

3. Reset bottom 3 buttons to original setting (3-5-1). Let all lights on control board go out, and then restart the stove.

Thank you very much!!

Status
Not open for further replies.