Englander Model 28 DDFPFS

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bugboy

Mar 5, 2007
north-central Kansas
The home I bought has an Englander Model 28 DDFPFS in it, but the previous owners had disconnected the stove pipe and chimney. She said it didn't heat the house. There is a Lopi (model unknown) coming up at a local auction. I was wondering if I should keep the Englander or see if I can "steal" the Lopi.
I'm heating a 2,500 sq. ft. "earth" home with propane and would like to cut down on the heating bill.
Any help advice would be appreciated.

looking at the home i'd say it should have heated if not all them a large portion of it , if memory serves me (this stove is close to 30 years old) it was rated up to 1800 sq ft. open floor plan helps, insulation is not as big an issue with your home so thats a plus, might be the guy simply didnt understand how to use a woodstove, or was expecting "instant heat" be advised however that unit is a "pre-epa unit so it does not take advantage of the newer catalytic or reburn technologies of newer units. on the good side, the unit is built like a friggen tank , you cant hurt the thing. hope this helps ya

mike esw

Thanks Stoveguy. I knew it was older, but i didn't think it was that old. There is a Lopi coming up at a local auction, I think I'll see if I can get it cheap. I would like to make the most efficient use of the wood I cut since it isn't as much fun cutting and splitting wood as when I was younger.

See if you can get specifics on the Lopi ahead of the auction. If it's a smaller model like the Answer, it's not going to work any better. You might want to watch for a good price on a new replacement 30-NC Englander instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.