englander multi fuel cpm 10

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tex

Sep 20, 2014
east texas
hey guys been doing more research on my first pellet stove. i posted a few days ago. i talked to the local stove dealer and can get a one year old lopi agp with a two year warranty for $2200.00, but i like the englander stoves because of the customer support. and reasonable parts prices. I read on here some where. that someone with a cmp-10 went 56 days without cleaning. what do cmp owners think about their stove. thanks for info.

Tex - it's been a good stove to get started with. It's nice to have the multi fuel capability, as I have 3300 lbs of corn in my basement for this heating season. The corn cost me $125/ton, so it's pretty cheap fuel. It's nice to have fuel options. The stove looks great and gets a lot of compliments. It's been pretty reliable too, and easy to work on. I put a Skytech 3301p wireless thermostat on it, and it works great. High/low or on/off modes, with up to a 3 degree swing. I'm pretty happy with the set up. The stove heats my 2400 sq ft colonial in NW OH the vast majority of the time. Sub zero windchills and polar vortexes are too much for it. My only complaint is the noise. It's not a quiet stove. Two large blowers and an agitator aren't particularly quiet. I have to turn the TV up a few notches, but it's not a huge deal.

thanks mithesaint. sounds like the agitator will keep the pellets stirred up. but then thats one more auger motor to have

Status
Not open for further replies.