Englander NC 30 for $649.00!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet most won't buy or read it. I cringe to think of how many stoves a stove store sells each year and wonder how many get used with green wood and how many with questionable 30-35% wood thats maybe a year old. And then how many have truly 20% or less seasoned wood?
As long as he doesn't title it 'Owner's Manual' it should get some reads.
Might even do better than Hard Choices. :p

Where do you live to be burning this time of year?

I'm in Bellingham, Washington -- on the Puget Sound about 20 minutes south of the Canadian border. That was posted a few weeks back. At this moment, it's too hot to run the stove. But it can get cool and rainy even during the summer months here. Mostly, we have sun and relative warmth from early July through mid-August. People disparagingly refer to it as our six weeks of summer (or jokingly as three weeks).

Heck even a few weeks ago I would think everywhere but alaska and cantinadia would be too hot to burn. We have been in the 90s for like 6-8 weeks but I am WAY farther south than you.

Yes, I'm on the coast and very close to Canada. Plus our house is nestled in the woods, which drops temperatures down a nice few degrees. Yesterday and the day before, the region was warm. Down in Seattle it was hot. But we were cool and comfortable. No a/c in our home even thought the place is very nice. It wouldn't get used enough to keep it functioning. There might be one or two days a year when it would be nice to have.

Just hard for me to imagine that. Being from SC and only living here cold winters and cool summers are hard to imagine.

Just hard for me to imagine that. Being from SC and only living here cold winters and cool summers are hard to imagine.

I understand. I spend 18 years in Tucson, Arizona and it would have been hard to imagine anything under 95 this time of year.

Reactions: clemsonfor
As long as he doesn't title it 'Owner's Manual' it should get some reads.
Might even do better than Hard Choices. :p

the tentative title is "so you're thinking about a woodstove" "the in's and out's of modern woodburning" but that's far from set in stone.

as for "hard choices" to me the book title leaves a bit to be desired. just doesn't have much of a "ring" to it as for the content of that book I have no comment , haven't read it do not intend to. in my mind one doesn't judge a book by its cover or its author for that matter. I just think the title isn't "catchy" but it may just me and my own taste in it.

I bet most won't buy or read it. I cringe to think of how many stoves a stove store sells each year and wonder how many get used with green wood and how many with questionable 30-35% wood thats maybe a year old. And then how many have truly 20% or less seasoned wood?

That would be my neighbor with his older Lange . . . just cut and split his wood (well he's actually still working on the pile -- about half heaped in a pile split . . . half in a pile unsplit) . . . did I mention most of it is red oak.

the tentative title is "so you're thinking about a woodstove" "the in's and out's of modern woodburning" but that's far from set in stone.

as for "hard choices" to me the book title leaves a bit to be desired. just doesn't have much of a "ring" to it as for the content of that book I have no comment , haven't read it do not intend to. in my mind one doesn't judge a book by its cover or its author for that matter. I just think the title isn't "catchy" but it may just me and my own taste in it.

"So you think you can burn"?

;lol

Reactions: stoveguy2esw
Status
Not open for further replies.