Englander NC-30 In Action + Glass Apparition

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

katwillny

Behold the mite of the NC30. Loaded it up with black locust tonight and in no time the secondaries were going. Stove top at 550, air closed 80%. Love this stove. The last picture was after the air was shutdown completely and the glass got a bit dirty and I had some weird "Apparition". My son called me and says, Pop there is a face on the stove.

Attachments

• nc30.jpg
    nc30.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 544
  • nc301.jpg
    nc301.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 520
  • nc302.jpg
    nc302.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 520
  • face.png
    face.png
    22.2 KB · Views: 533
Cool!
I mean hot!

Is that double wall pipe?

That its a nice stove and surround. Gonna need that thing pumping in a few days. Looks like single digits for a night or two.

Methinks that fourth pic was supposed to look like this. :cheese:

Attachments

• nc-30kickin.jpg
    nc-30kickin.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 478
BrotherBart said:

I dream of secondaries like those Brother. Whats the secret? My apologies for the post on the wrong forum.

HotCoals said:
Cool!
I mean hot!

Yes double wall. i can hold my hand on it for about 30 seconds while the stove is running at 600. Love that thing.

Backwoods said:
That its a nice stove and surround. Gonna need that thing pumping in a few days. Looks like single digits for a night or two.

yes sir, more like early next week, its supposed to be mild the weekend. Thanks on the compliment. I inherited the surround when i got the house , but the stove and pipe i installed.

KatWill said:
BrotherBart said:

I dream of secondaries like those Brother. Whats the secret? My apologies for the post on the wrong forum.

That was actually the first season with the stove. That is the kinda crap that happens with six month dropped and split red oak. The lignin in the stuff just explodes. That blast went on for twenty five hair raising minutes. I don't do that kind of stuff anymore. Like everybody else I had to play the first year.

Now just a nice fire in the stove. No thermonuclear stuff anymore.

KatWill said:
HotCoals said:
Cool!
I mean hot!

Yes double wall. i can hold my hand on it for about 30 seconds while the stove is running at 600. Love that thing.

30 seconds? Is this normal running@ 600*? I certainly can't do that

That's no apparition . . . that's the Virgin Mary . . . quick . . . sell your Englander door on E-bay. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.