englander nc 30 questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maple man

Burning Hunk
my nc 30 has ceramic fiber bords to work the seckendary burns the one ceramic bord is pushed up a little bit and i was woundering if i shold move it back into place or leave it and move it when it is cold

From the manual:

THE CERAMIC FIBER BOARD MAY BECOME LOOSE DURING INITIAL
SHIPPING. BE SURE IT IS LYING FLAT, ON TOP OF THE STAINLESS STEEL TUBES, AND
PUSHED ALL THE WAY TO THE BACK OF THE UNIT, WITH NO GAPS BETWEEN IT
AND THE BACK WALL.

Sorry for the caps, cut and paste from manual...

Safeman said:
From the manual:

THE CERAMIC FIBER BOARD MAY BECOME LOOSE DURING INITIAL
SHIPPING. BE SURE IT IS LYING FLAT, ON TOP OF THE STAINLESS STEEL TUBES, AND
PUSHED ALL THE WAY TO THE BACK OF THE UNIT, WITH NO GAPS BETWEEN IT
AND THE BACK WALL.

thanks

Yeah just put on the stove gloves and grab the front of it and position it right. Make sure there isn't a gap between them in the middle.

After I checked the flue one day I fired up and in a while it hit me that I hadn't moved the board back that I had moved over on top of the other one to look up the pipe. Stove was at full gallop. I moved it back over into place but it was not the best part of that day.

Funny, I did the same thing today BrotherBart, about 3 minutes into after i got the fire going, I realized that the I had moved the board to shove the hair drier since I had a cold start. Grabbed the gloves and put the boards back into place. Those boards get REALLY HOT so make sure proper gloves are worn if anyone is going to put them back in place. Even with my gloves on i felt the warmth a great deal.

What the guys with other stoves call "Closing the bypass.". :lol:

Except we have a lever..lol.

I'll just poke mine with a stick. Seems to solve most other problems in life, and sure works for this one!

Status
Not open for further replies.