Englander NC30 blower options

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Leckbass

Sep 22, 2017
NJ
Was thinking about a blower for my "new to me" NC30. I had one of those screaming loud blowers on my NC13, it did the job but I do not want that again.

What's everybody using? Did anybody custom build using a standard blower? I'm not about to drop a $170 on there version. Aftermarket recommendations or modifications?

Thanks for your help!

Time to use the search function.

I use the slightly more expensive adjustable snap disc. Use a screwdriver to turn it up or down, there is even a label with temperature increments.

I use the slightly more expensive adjustable snap disc. Use a screwdriver to turn it up or down, there is even a label with temperature increments.
Thank you, can you send a link to the one that you use?

I was also looking at the pictures on your post on how to build the frame for the blower. Do you have any additional pictures or close up pictures, the other ones are difficult to see. I appreciate your help

Thank you, can you send a link to the one that you use?

I was also looking at the pictures on your post on how to build the frame for the blower. Do you have any additional pictures or close up pictures, the other ones are difficult to see. I appreciate your help

I bought it years ago so I have no link. Adjustable snap disk. Let me know what you want specific pictures of and I can snap some. I have been burning in it the last few nights to keep the shop warm for fermentation.

I bought it years ago so I have no link. Adjustable snap disk. Let me know what you want specific pictures of and I can snap some. I have been burning in it the last few nights to keep the shop warm for fermentation.
Please take a couple close up pictures of how the blower mounts to the angle irons that are connected to the back of the stove. Both sides please

It is worth the extra money to buy the adjustable snap disc.

I used my IR gun for a few readings on where I wanted to mount my disc, meanwhile with the STT around 700°F. I think it's a 215-160.

Please take a couple close up pictures of how the blower mounts to the angle irons that are connected to the back of the stove. Both sides please

Let’s try these. The horizontal length of angle has a flat spot on top. I welded a square of plate steel to that angle iron to create a platform with 4 holes in it to attach the blower.

Englander NC30 blower options Englander NC30 blower options Englander NC30 blower options Englander NC30 blower options

Reactions: begreen
Thank you for the additional photos. I see you have angle iron on each side and angle iron on the bottom. There's a plate welded in the middle of the bottom angle iron to attach the blower. Looks like you have some rubber insulators on there too? It doesn't appear that the upper portion of the blower is attached to any angle iron , just the bottom attached to the plate. Is that correct?

The temperature range on the snap disc seems low. If it goes on automatically at 130 degrees, wouldn't it be on all of the time?

The temperature range on the snap disc seems low. If it goes on automatically at 130 degrees, wouldn't it be on all of the time?
Looks like he has it set for 105°F. It all depends on where it is mounted. Mine is mounted a little higher than his and I think is set for 185°F.

Makes a lot of sense, where it is mounted.

I assumed it was on the stovetop. I want it to go on when my STT hits 500-600

Thank you for the additional photos. I see you have angle iron on each side and angle iron on the bottom. There's a plate welded in the middle of the bottom angle iron to attach the blower. Looks like you have some rubber insulators on there too? It doesn't appear that the upper portion of the blower is attached to any angle iron , just the bottom attached to the plate. Is that correct?

You’re correct. The rubber grommets came with the blower and it is only attached on the bottom.

Makes a lot of sense, where it is mounted.

I assumed it was on the stovetop. I want it to go on when my STT hits 500-600

The snap disc is located on top of the deck. You don’t want it on the stove, it’s too hot there and electronic devices are happier at cool temperatures.

The goal is for the fan to run anytime that additional heat can be stripped from the stove without overcooling the stove enough to cause dirty burning. In practice, in my application, this stove is either cold or very hot. The setup works perfectly and the low temp range adjustable thermostat was selected based on testing with a laser thermometer at the desired snap disc location.

The convection deck is like a huge heat shield that actually blocks a lot of radiant heat. It stays pretty cool on top, especially with the fan running.